Ignition Door Open Warning Sound

Probably - but would that be a good idea?  With stop-start, it’s so easy to get out thinking the ignition is off, when it isn’t.  And you wouldn’t want to get out with the engine running, anyway, would you?

It definitely isn't something you can disable using the car's menu settings, it would need to be done with a diagnostics tool.

There have been a couple of occasions now with KESSY where I've gone to jump out of the car with the engine off but the ignition on and appreciated the audible reminder.

1 hour ago, coopers said:

The sound is grating and I believe I'm capable of knowing when the car is still on! 😁 

So, if you know that the car is still on ... you’ll remember to turn it off before getting out, won’t you?  And then you won’t get the sound.  That way, you’ll stay safe (and legal).

4 hours ago, silver1011 said:

It definitely isn't something you can disable using the car's menu settings, it would need to be done with a diagnostics tool.

There have been a couple of occasions now with KESSY where I've gone to jump out of the car with the engine off but the ignition on and appreciated the audible reminder.

I've done it a few times too as barely hear the engine idling.  

Speaking of KESSY the key is not detected while it's been accidentally left on the roof thankfully!  I did wonder if the window had been open, it would be a different story.

8 hours ago, coopers said:

Harsh crowd, the car won't stop the warning sound now because of all the patronising comments. 

Perhaps you could provide some more information as to why you're regularly in a position where you are exiting the vehicle with the engine off but the ignition still on, or walking away from the car with the either the engine running or the ignition on and the keys on your person?

I'd imagine that for most people these scenario's are rare, however if you're regularly towing and needing to be back and forth between the trailer and car, or live rurally and regularly pass through gates you have to open, drive through and then close, or you're a courier etc. then you may encounter the audible warning a lot more than most.

Sometimes adding a little more detail to your opening post can help direct the responses in a direction that is more applicable (and therefore beneficial) to your circumstances...

16 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Perhaps you could provide some more information as to why you're regularly in a position where you are exiting the vehicle with the engine off but the ignition still on, or walking away from the car with the either the engine running or the ignition on and the keys on your person?

I'd imagine that for most people these scenario's are rare, however if you're regularly towing and needing to be back and forth between the trailer and car, or live rurally and regularly pass through gates you have to open, drive through and then close, or you're a courier etc. then you may encounter the audible warning a lot more than most.

Sometimes adding a little more detail to your opening post can help direct the responses in a direction that is more applicable (and therefore beneficial) to your circumstances...

The question has been answered so need to share my life story. 

Unfortunately the tone eminating from your last two responses is the main reason you perhaps aren't getting the best out of online community forums.

By the way, you're welcome.

My car only seems to play a warning sound if you open a door with the ignition active and after the stop start has kicked in (i.e. the engine isn’t running). Opening the door with the engine actively running (and in Park) does not trigger a warning sound. That may be because mine is a diesel, so there is absolutely no need to remind you the engine is still running.

Not a rare situation for me as I quite often get out to visually check how much room I have left when squeezing the car into parking spaces.