Squib coding issue

flat-eric

Afternoon all, so i've recently picked up a 2011 SE TDI 2.0L in Aqua Blue? and overall i'm very happy with the car apart from one problem, the previous owner had the squib ring replaced as it was faulty and I have a garage receipt for coding it however it has lost use of the cruise control and the menu buttons (right side of steering controls) but the source button still works.

Could this just be an incorrect coding issue?

3 hours ago, flat-eric said:

... it has lost use of the cruise control and the menu buttons (right side of steering controls) but the source button still works.

Could this just be an incorrect coding issue?

I don't think mine has any cruise control buttons on the right side?

Mine had the cc controls on the left stalk.

I’d suspect the slip-ring rather than coding, although a ODB reader may be able to identify the fault.

Is this an OEM steering wheel or a replacement?

21 hours ago, Urrell said:

Do you mean the clockspring?
If so would it need coding?
Did any that do not work now work when you bought the car?

No its all as it was when i got it, so the buttons that don't work are the up and down on the right hand side and the cruise control on the left stalk.

18 hours ago, muddyjim said:

I don't think mine has any cruise control buttons on the right side?

Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. The cruise control stalk also doesn't work. it comes up on the dash saying button malfunction which makes me think its the coding.

18 hours ago, weasley said:

Mine had the cc controls on the left stalk.

I’d suspect the slip-ring rather than coding, although a ODB reader may be able to identify the fault.

Is this an OEM steering wheel or a replacement?

Standard steering wheel, slip / squib / clockspring ring has been replaced as was faulty (receipt in history for ring and coding but not at main dealer) 

• 2 weeks later...

Sory to disapoint you..but you dont have any chance to fix it..of course it CAN be this or that..or flat tyre..or....but comon.. this car is not so simple to repair it via phone call or some vudu magic..go and buy some tool..vag diagnostic is able to perform what ever you want (IF you know what you are doing)..

so at least read codes from few systems related to your faults then we can talk about this...without diagnostic all our vudu magic is useless..

this BLACKBIRD post is very usefull..but you need to open few plastic parts around steerin wheeland read part numbers...OR buy tool and read it via obd socket..

regards

Edited by Stjepan