2.0tdi 190 - resonance / drone around 2100 - 2200rpm

My car seems particularly noisy from about 2000 to 2200 rpm especially under light acceleration. Is regardless of gear and only really noticeable on the move.

Sounds like an air intake drone on the older vw PD engines but I can't see anything obvious.

Has anyone else experienced (or fixed!) similar?

16 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

Yes it’s like a vibration. Mine does it sometimes but not always and it stopped for ages but now it’s back. Possible engine cover rubber worn 

Is it a DSG? Could be a wearing dual mass flywheel (springs lose stiffness).

Edited by digifish

Mine does it .

It is brand new  MY2020 , 2.0 tdi with DSG7 190hp

there is some noise in 6th and 7th gear from 1600 to 2000rpm, under engine load.

I thing there is something plasic like engine cover, inder the hood,  that banging is some kind of metal...maybe .

I'm still searching for a soluton . Maybe is someting like this one , but i dindt find answer there.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/397349-engine-noise-vibration-and-harshness/

FWIW, I have a Superb III and when it was getting its 1st service I was given a Octavia (1.4 TSI 110 kw / 150 hp model with the 7 seed dry DSG)  loaner with 500 km on it. 

This was significantly worse for vibration at idle than my (162 KW / 220 hp 2.0 TSI, 6 speed wet DSG) Superb and also had some noticeable vibration resonances at certain points in the rev range.  

My superb is very smooth at idle and throughout the rev range. Impressively so for a 4 cyl.

Eye opener.

• Thanks 1

On 18/03/2020 at 10:59, Petros said:

My car seems particularly noisy from about 2000 to 2200 rpm

It's a diesel  😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zalmaneca said:

Please,attach pictures if you have.

Just climb underneath and have a look mate. You’ll see it. Tapped along the length of it and it certainly made a vibration. 

• Like 1