New owner

If all well - then the way forward is regular oil changes , NOT long life servicing , to keep it that way. It's important for all parts of the engine especially pistons and cam chains/tensioner. 

A bit of oil being burnt is normal.

My 1.4tsi turbo direct injection Superb does always seems to hammer the oil more than my old 2001 1.4 16v NA port injection Octavia ever did.

Edited by bigjohn
  • Thanks 1

On 26/03/2020 at 19:16, bigjohn said:

If all well - then the way forward is regular oil changes , NOT long life servicing , to keep it that way. It's important for all parts of the engine especially pistons and cam chains/tensioner. 

A bit of oil being burnt is normal.

My 1.4tsi turbo direct injection Superb does always seems to hammer the oil more than my old 2001 1.4 16v NA port injection Octavia ever did.

Any turbocharged engine will consume a little bit of oil as it is impossible to fully seal the shaft bearing on the turbo against oil loss.

• 2 weeks later...

That's great news - you have been lucky, I had the engine replaced at a similar mileage (thankfully covered by skoda warranty). 

Enjoy your Superb, it's a great car but as other people have suggested, keep an eye on the dipstick. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 10/04/2020 at 16:09, Absolutelysuperb said:

I must’ve got lucky, she’s no oil burner thank god 

Great stuff, going forward make sure you have regular oil changes  - critical particularly with this engine. 

Enjoy...

1 hour ago, Absolutelysuperb said:

What we talking about John ....every 6000 or before ?? 

Not long life (20,000 miles+) - I get mine done at about 9000 miles (9500 is the normal interval but it asks a bit earlier) But I was going to drop to twice a year to line up with MOT which under normal circumstances would be about 7500 miles between oil changes.  However the current Covid situation may change things - I've gone from 15k+ miles a year to hardly any at the moment!

Edited by bigjohn