Octavia 3 VRS 2019 VCDS tow bar coding ACC errors

Hi Please send me to a previous thread if it can be answered there?

I have installed a PF Jones towbar with their dedicated wiring kit.  I have connected bike rack to the car and all the lights on the rack and in the car seem to work as should.  The only VCDS coding I have done is to add the trailer by ticking 69.

Since connecting the electrics into the car I get an ACC error which is there with or without the tow bar connected.  If I disconnect the towbar loom half way down the car the ACC error disappears and the car functions as before.  Unfortunately in this state the tow bar connection does not work.  Spoke to PF Jones who advise the wiring appears to be ok and the car needs other modules coding but they do not use VCDS so could not advise.

My current VAGCOM cable which worked on my 2015 plate VRS seems unable to access all the control modules so I have ordered a later 19.6.2 VAGCOM.   In anticipation of it arriving can anyone offer advice on which other VCDS coding is required?

Many thanks

Simon

What does the towbar Instruction manual say ..... I coded my (albeit) 2010 without issues with a Westfalia and dedicated loom from PF Jones using the Westfalia instructions, it was more that one line of coding to be changed though.

You need to run the rest of the coding 

CAN gateway - Enable 69-Trailer

BCM - Controller 09 - Enable Byte 1 Bit 1 - Trailer Hitch control module installed

Engine - this may vary between engine types - Enable Byte 5 Bit 4 - Trailer installed

ABS - Adaptations - change Vehicle & Trailer Stabilisation to Activated

Park Assist - Byte 3 - Change to 01 Trailer Hitch Installed (manually removable)

Trailer - Byte 3 - Choose the appropriate option

Byte 1 - Set to 01 - Trailer connector diagnosis active

If you have Lane Assist then the A5 Lane Assist Camera needs coding for Trailer as well it is documented in the VCDS label file but the precise coding will be different on your car form mine as you have a newer A5 camera than I do.

The Front Assist/ACC radar needs coding as well - it is a documented coding option in VCDS long coding text mode. 

If you have the power tailgate this also needs coding in Module 6D.

• Like 2

Many thanks for the coding list.  I will see how it goes when the new vag com box arrives.  Just to confirm, when it says it is a documented coding option, does that mean there is a drop down menu to choose from?

22 minutes ago, TriumphTR6 said:

Many thanks for the coding list.  I will see how it goes when the new vag com box arrives.  Just to confirm, when it says it is a documented coding option, does that mean there is a drop down menu to choose from?

It’s in the long coding helper list, or at least it should be :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for the advice.  All coded and no warning symbols.  Checked with a bike rack and the car systems all acknowledge there is something attached, so all good

cheers

Simon

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 23/03/2020 at 20:48, SashaGrace said:

You need to run the rest of the coding 

CAN gateway - Enable 69-Trailer

BCM - Controller 09 - Enable Byte 1 Bit 1 - Trailer Hitch control module installed

Engine - this may vary between engine types - Enable Byte 5 Bit 4 - Trailer installed

ABS - Adaptations - change Vehicle & Trailer Stabilisation to Activated

Park Assist - Byte 3 - Change to 01 Trailer Hitch Installed (manually removable)

Trailer - Byte 3 - Choose the appropriate option

Byte 1 - Set to 01 - Trailer connector diagnosis active

If you have Lane Assist then the A5 Lane Assist Camera needs coding for Trailer as well it is documented in the VCDS label file but the precise coding will be different on your car form mine as you have a newer A5 camera than I do.

The Front Assist/ACC radar needs coding as well - it is a documented coding option in VCDS long coding text mode. 

Hi Sasha. I’m trying to do the same thing but can’t seem to change the engine module( it’s with obd11) any hints please? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2020 at 20:48, SashaGrace said:

This option disables the remote boot release (on my MkII that's via the button in the centre console and via the key fob).

I did code this but in the end I decided to undo it, so I can tilt the bike rack out of the way, press the fob to open the boot, then tilt the rack and bikes back up again. That way I don't have to rest the tilted bikes on the usually muddy floor while I walk round to open the boot manually.

The only thing that sticks in my mind though is if this coding affects anything else tailgate-wise?

Edited by Yearofthegoat