engine code

hi all could someone point me in the right direction please.

i am trying to find were the engine number is as i am trying to find out what year the engine is as i have replaced the engine. a didn,t replace it personally a garage did .

a picture would be helpful thanks.

The original engine is but not this 1 that's been fitted.

Haynes manual you tube and others are saying were it is but when a look for it on the engine a can't find it just the part numbers of that part.

Thanks.

Usually a printed bar code label on one of the cam covers so likely to have been lost with an engine swap.

If you know what engine it had that will narrow down the range of engine codes that could have been fitted and you could then research the physical differences between them to identify what one you have.

Edited by J.R.

Thanks 

The first engine which was a BXE that was my original engine which packed up so got a second hand 1 fitted but don't no nothing about it.

A only want to no what year it is.

Got more chance of winning the euro lottery.

The garage that fitted the engine didn't no nothing about it he just got it delivered.

BLS is supposedly the engine code but am trying to find the correct numbers and letters stamped on the engine so a can find what year the engine actually is.

But that's what am having trouble with a just can't find it.

Thanks.

@Taximan1978

The person that sold you the engine or supplied it needs to provide an invoice / receipt with the engine number on it to you for you to provide to the DVLA or Police or any authority.

You should be notifying the DVLA of the change of a like for like engine.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/324108-replacement-engines-engine-numbers-v5-dvla-skoda-uk-what-happened