Scuttle panel bits missing

Just a quick one.  As you can see from the photos, there's a couple of pieces missing from the scuttle panel.  If anyone knows where to get them from, please give me a shout as I'd like to get the holes filled in, mainly from an aesthetic point of view but also because they are meant to be there.

Thanks,

Andrew.

IMG_20200411_150617.jpg

Edited by skinnyman

16 minutes ago, kentphil1 said:

They are part numbers 1U2819447 and 1U2819448, and I would think they are either main dealer or ebay at the moment as breakers will be thin on the ground and charging like rhinos.

I think you'll find those part numbers refer to the round blanking plate covers for the wipers when they are in the different positions for RHD/LHD ??

My Octy was the same as the OP's so I used some plastic grid work inserted into the holes to stop the leaves and other debris from clogging up the scuttle area

Edited by nige8021

I assumed he meant the round trims missing in the picture, but that is a good fix if he means the rectangular areas. Just looked at mine and it is the same around the r/h trim with the rectangular holes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kentphil1 said:

I assumed he meant the round trims missing in the picture, but that is a good fix if he means the rectangular areas. Just looked at mine and it is the same around the r/h trim with the rectangular holes.

Good point I assumed he was referring to the rectangular holes, didn't even spot the missing wiper blanks  

15 hours ago, kentphil1 said:

..breakers will be thin on the ground and charging like rhinos.

Definitely.  Now isn't the time to be buying anything from breakers. Trouble is, I now have some spare time to sort all the little jobs that have been niggling me for a while.

12 hours ago, nige8021 said:

Good point I assumed he was referring to the rectangular holes, didn't even spot the missing wiper blanks  

Sorry, I was a bit vague in what I needed but it is the little plugs for the wipers.  Is there something else missing?  It's over seven years since I had my last MK1 so if you have spotted another missing part, please let me know as my memory isn't great at the best of times.

Thanks for the advice so far folks.

• Administrators

I’ll have a look at see what I’ve got, I know I had some spare covers but the plastic clips were broken on them were it seems mechanics dug them out, which I can’t work out.

11 hours ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

I’ll have a look at see what I’ve got, I know I had some spare covers but the plastic clips were broken on them were it seems mechanics dug them out, which I can’t work out.

That would be great thanks.  However, I'm considering getting a whole panel depending on price. 

You might have seen my other thread about the windscreen replacement on the Octavia this week.  When the panel was taken off, the rubber part at the top edge was perished and simply broke off when it flexed.  It's fine according to the Autoglass chap as he said water is meant to go under that anyway and it's merely a cosmetic strip to hide the bottom of the windscreen.  

I'm not sure if my OCD will allow me to live with this or not.  I've attached a photo from the other day which shows the upper edge of the scuttle panel, see what you think.  Apologies for the quality of the pic, it was taken on my phone in fading light.

IMG_20200416_182915 - Edited.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Ah right I see. Usually people break them as they to try yank them off.

A tip I find that works is put a little bit of Vaseline along the rubber that connects to the windscreen. This stops it getting stuck for easy removal later. 

• Administrators

@skinnyman

I found these; they are faded, but everything is there and not broken. Just needs a clean from sitting in the garage.

DFF36F77-67C8-4B48-88E2-342C610628CF.jpeg.02f3b90068c8e09d0678bd2e5a05fd17.jpeg

BA61ACD3-9D78-4761-92DC-F05056E9AFA2.jpeg.fda6931ba4990b6dcb0ea244811e575b.jpeg

Part number to caps too

66520A36-48FC-4800-96BB-9D117C7AEBA0.jpeg.56b6c8b9b9877f52cdf664a517b4e446.jpeg

EF63C401-C8F0-4EA9-932D-37A9432C8227.jpeg.4cc6258329a98722b06db6f9b2acf521.jpeg

797381C1-752E-4C22-B294-262C79225A1E.jpeg.e5faa02c9deef93329f14e0cc5f592c9.jpeg

51063EAB-2E53-42AD-983F-7F3B2A6F16A0.jpeg.9eb23ba9626e4df55042b7efd1979ba5.jpeg

3 hours ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

@skinnyman

I found these; they are faded, but everything is there and not broken. Just needs a clean from sitting in the garage.

That's what I'm after!  Is there a chance I might be able to buy that off you?

2 hours ago, Liverpool-Lad said:

That missing rubber would annoy me!

It already is! 😂

• Like 1

I got a pair of these brand new for about €60 delivered from skoda-parts online, they only took about a week to be delivered from CZ with full DPD tracking. (This was before coronavirus but they still seem to be operating as usual).

Part numbers I used for the full panels:

Right:  1U0 819 404 C 01C

Left:  1U2 819 415 E 01C

The new plastic looks much better than the old faded stuff. I just need to paint the rest of my ugly grey trim to match now. 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frozenmike said:

I got a pair of these brand new for about €60 delivered from skoda-parts online, they only took about a week to be delivered from CZ with full DPD tracking. (This was before coronavirus but they still seem to be operating as usual).

Part numbers I used for the full panels:

Right:  1U0 819 404 C 01C

Left:  1U2 819 415 E 01C

The new plastic looks much better than the old faded stuff. I just need to paint the rest of my ugly grey trim to match now. 😂

That's worth knowing, thanks.👍

• 1 year later...

My car is a Skoda Octavia 2001. I need to get a pair of the scuttle. 

Would  the part number mentioned here be suitable for my car please.

Over a year ago I had the windscreen replaced, the rubber and the scuttle got damaged and also the circular plastic bits got broken, it's now covered by black duct tape,  and I have had a leak in the passenger side footwell.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, RPH said:

My car is a Skoda Octavia 2001. I need to get a pair of the scuttle. 

Would  the part number mentioned here be suitable for my car please.

Over a year ago I had the windscreen replaced, the rubber and the scuttle got damaged and also the circular plastic bits got broken, it's now covered by black duct tape,  and I have had a leak in the passenger side footwell.

They would. You can always check the part by ringing TPS and see if they can order them for you.

• 3 weeks later...