Help - No central locking, int light ect

Hi all,

Ive been lurking for a while but as is always the way my first post is a fault. Ive had my Octy I VRS for a few months now and its ace. But tonight the door light came on and stayed on. Checked all the doors, boot to no avail. Also no interior lights. Tried to lock the car using the remote and that did nothing. Ive checked the VAG and I get:

Address 17 -------------------------------------------------------

Controller: 1U0 920 911 C

Component: KOMBI+WEGFAHRSP VDO V10

Coding: 19412

Shop #: WSC 31480

TMBER41U948732364 SKZ7Z0C2076510

1 Faults Found:

01330 - Central Control Module for Central Convenience (J393)

49-00 - No Communications

Address 19 -------------------------------------------------------

Controller: 6N0 909 901

Component: Gateway K<->CAN 0001

Coding: 00006

Shop #: WSC 31480

1 Faults Found:

01330 - Central Control Module for Central Convenience (J393)

49-00 - No Communications

Ive checked fuse 10 which i understand is the fuse for this but its fine. Any ideas??? I have no alarm and I have to leave my car in manchester during the day. HELP!!!

Kyle

I had a problem with mine a couple of months ago, the car kept on unlocking itself constantly, central convenience unit had failed. €500 to fix, but yours doesn't sound as bad. I have heard people having problems with faulty wiring to the convenience which is thankfully much cheaper to fix.

I hope its the latter!

very common problem, the control unit and loom are on the inside of the door skin so end up collecting condensation from the inside of the door, the control unit plugs into the electric window motor. The plug that plugs into this will be contaminated with water and starting to corrode. If left too long it rots the terminals off the control unit. try disconecting this plug and cleaning out with some sort of electrical cleaner spray and it might be ok. If not will have to replace possibly both. hth

• 11 months later...

Hi dont know if you've sorted it but I blew an interior boot light when I was fitting my tow bar and it blew fuse 14 (10amp, 3 along and 3 down from the top left of the fuse box), which in turn gave exactly the symptoms you've posted.