Errors after changing battery

Hi all,

I've just changed my battery after it'd been on its way out for some time. (I'm sure the 5 min runs to the shop in lockdown pushed it over the edge)

But now when I turn the ignition on I get error messages for my stop/start, TPMS and lane assist.

Will these clear themselves or do I need to do anything?

TIA. 

MK3 Octy VRS TDI dsg 2013

1) Have you told the battery management system that you have changed the battery? Otherwise it will assume you have the same knackered low capacity battery.

2) Most faults will clear after a drive.

21 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

1) Have you told the battery management system that you have changed the battery? Otherwise it will assume you have the same knackered low capacity battery.

2) Most faults will clear after a drive.

I've not coded it as I don't have vag com.

Might go for a drive.

Tpms - take it for a drive, then check tyre pressures and reset it.

Lane assist - pass, but it’s probably ****ed off the abs readings don’t make sense. I’d try a short, slow drive.

The stop start probably is related to not coding it. The car won’t use stop/start if the battery management system thinks there isn’t enough charge to let it successfully restart. You will need to sort it.

• Like 2