Skoda Enyaq

vrskeith

Shmee150 recently bought a Porsche Taycan and can’t charge it in his London parking space and I noticed when he used a public charger he got 175 miles range for £19.00 so that is 11 pence per mile. My diesel costs me 9 pence a mile and I have no range anxiety with 900 mile range.

Sounds like that was @ a Commercial public charger. (Just like calling a filling station a public filling station.). You pays your money and make your choices .  I don't suppose Shmee has range anxiety as he can just pick a car any car from his collection and use it as needs must.    The Taycan will pay its way as people click on to YouTube and the HMRC will treat it nicely as another of his tools of his trade.  

Edited by e-Roottoot

Just had a phone call from my dealer saying I have until 7 the march to change my spec before the order goes in . Told him I no longer want the car due to the delay I'm sure he will move my order to the next in line .

2 hours ago, Luckypants said:

Given orders open today, why is he waiting until the 7th to put your order in? Seems odd. The delay and general confusion has lost them another customer it seems.

@bripatWhat have you gone for instead?

He said I had until the 7 th to make some changes to my spec then the order would go in. The delay and the change of packs made me change to the kuga plug in ( waited until the fix on the kuga was done)  I will go all electric but do think skoda are going to have a few teething problems at first with this car when it comes in Aug/Sept. Should get the kuga in late may early June as only just put the order in plus it's 0% .

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Those ford configs are so easy... car, battery, colour, done. 

Plenty of supply too :)

I've had skodas for the last 15 yrs but the big packs are silly you want 1 item but you have to have 2 others that you don't want .I only do 25 miles a day so the kuga should be petrol free . But I know in 3 yrs I will be going all electric ready for my retirement.

• Like 1

That was for the 80 model with Ecosuite trim, heat pump, 3 zone air con and heated rear seats. Quote was on the lease scheme, based on 2 payments upfront, 7k mikes per year over 4 yrs on service plan B.

• Thanks 1

We've put an order in for a net cost of ~£370/ month. 10K/yr, 60Kwh, fast charge, towbar and assisted driving pack through a salary sacrifice scheme. 

• Like 1

Ordered an Enyaq 60 Lounge with heat pump to replace my Tesla Model 3, this will be my 12th Skoda and the Tesla my shortest lived car at 12 months and only 6,800 miles driven. Just could not get on with everything being touch screen controlled and no ability to use Google Maps instead of their open source system that's still using 2019 maps.

• Like 2

The government has downsized the financial incentive package offered to EV owners in the UK, reducing the 'plug-in car grant' from £3000 to £2500 and lowering the upper price limit for eligible vehicles. 

Buyers of electric cars costing more than £35,000 will now no longer qualify for an incentive, which was previously available on vehicles costing up to £50,000. The changes come into effect immediately from today (18 March).  OUCH

48 minutes ago, monkey182 said:

The government has downsized the financial incentive package offered to EV owners in the UK, reducing the 'plug-in car grant' from £3000 to £2500 and lowering the upper price limit for eligible vehicles. 

Buyers of electric cars costing more than £35,000 will now no longer qualify for an incentive, which was previously available on vehicles costing up to £50,000. The changes come into effect immediately from today (18 March).  OUCH

Yes saw that conveniently buried in the depths of motoring websites.

1 hour ago, Luckypants said:

How can they announce such a big change to run with 'immediate effect'?

They can do what  and when they like they have control over the purse strings. 

It's just killed of any thoughts that I might have had of getting one.

Edited by TheWanderer

Well my thinking was how this will affect both buyers and dealers. Basically the cost of your car goes up £3k overnight with no warning, so that seems quite unfair. I do take the point that 'they' can do what they want.

I have discovered that any cars ordered in the past month but not yet processed through the grant portal will still attract the grant payment, so buyers already committed to purchase are protected.

On 13/03/2021 at 12:20, domhnall said:

Ordered an Enyaq 60 Lounge with heat pump to replace my Tesla Model 3, this will be my 12th Skoda and the Tesla my shortest lived car at 12 months and only 6,800 miles driven. Just could not get on with everything being touch screen controlled and no ability to use Google Maps instead of their open source system that's still using 2019 maps.

I have always thought the model 3 is an ergonomic nightmare. Plus no Android auto or Carplay. And some people say they are a software company...

After reading danny_f's post about salary sacrifice deal, I thought perhaps an Enyaq might be a possibility after all.

I checked with Octopus (my energy supplier) but then they rang me and said they'll can only deal with a company where there are 4 or 5 interested parties. Working for a small company of 16 where 1/3 are part time admin staff, that isn't going to happen. Octopus kindly put me in touch with Fleet Evolution who will deal with 'single' salary sacrifice applicants.

Slightly more expensive than Octopus, at £450/mth for an Enyaq 80 with metallic paint, heat pump and fast charge. It is an immense amount of money but working out the true costs of running the Yeti (long journeys) and Citigo (short commute) then there isn't a lot of difference when you take into account the lease includes everything - insurance, tyres, servicing, breakdown cover, courtesy car etc. The 80 would be ideal as I have (under normal circumstances) a regular 210 mile round trip at weekends so there and back on one charge.

I was still undecided until today when the loss of the grant has scuppered any EV plans for the time being. Back to looking at nearly new Superb iV, me thinks.