Lease payments

Hi all , hope you all are taking heed of the misleading advice. I have a question to ask for advice. 

I am an NHS frontline worker and have been using my personal lease car ( business insurance paid) for my duties. My car has been developing a fault( still under warranty) that has been getting worse over time. The start stop button does not start or stop on one touch. The button requires some 20 pushes or me swirling my finger round the button many times. I have changed the key fob battery a few times to try to alleviate , to no avail.

I decided to contact Skoda driver line as I was afraid I would eventually be stuck in some Scottish hospital car park with a dead car late at night , miles form home.

Skoda DL were great , they sent an AA patrol out. As I expected he wasn't in the position to fix the problem or even attempt. He said that due to the garages being closed and the possible fact that parts would be unavailable , Skoda would give me a rental to use until the situation changed. All good I thought.

A few hours later Enterprise rental delivered a Vauxhall Crossland in basic trim. Ok I now have wheels and can travel.

Here is the question: I am paying a high monthly rental for my Superb ( details left). I may have the car for 2 , maybe more months.

Should I ask for a reduced payment plan or a payment holiday due to the fact my Superb is off the road?

Appreciate you guys and your wisdom.

Could have been a Corsa/Viva/Adam/something tiny so not too shabby a replacement, I suspect the lease T&C's will cover what you might be entitled to.

I suspect being granted a payment holiday would be entirely possible but would then incur a bill for the car supplied.

I think you've been treated well at short notice.

Depending on where you live you may find that your local Skoda dealer is doing repairs on vehicles that are used by NHS staff and other key workers. 

If you either check on your dealers website or give them a call they may be able to assist. 

Can't comment on the eligibility of reduced lease rates etc but I will say the faulty engine stop/start button has been reported on here a few times and a replacement button should be all that is required.  TBF whilst the replacement car isn't as plush as your Sportline it still keeps you mobile and they seem to have at least provided you with a good level of service thus far.  

Give Skoda UK CS a call and ask them to put you in touch with a local dealership with an operational service department.  I've had emails over the last week from various VW, SEAT and Skoda dealers who have stated they are running reduced maintenance/servicing with the priority on keeping key workers mobile.   If you have some joy with this then it would be worth phoning ahead and asking them if they'd get a new button in ready and if they diagnose the fault then you should be back on your way without having to go back again when the part is in stock etc. 

Good luck. 

Not sure it's of any help, but I recalled reading something similar recently - see Sasha's helpful posts here:

Appreciating this is about an Octavia rather than a Superb, so it's just a thought, but might be an option for getting your Superb back.

Gaz