Few Yeti additions??

TubaMagna8

Does anyone know if the speed limiter button on the Caddy Van would work on the Yeti, as well as is there anyway to show the cruise control speed on the yeti dash? I've tried looking through on VCDS and can't seem to see an option. 2013 Pre facelift elegance.

Cruise control speed needs an adaption channel changing in the dash. However, it probably still won't display as not all engine ECU's support it.

As for the speed limiter button, I'm not aware of any similar PQ35 cars having that option. You'd need to find a VCDS autoscan from a Caddy with it and start comparing parts/coding. At a guess, it'll also be engine ECU dependant so may not be possible.

10 hours ago, TubaMagna8 said:

Does anyone know if the speed limiter button on the Caddy Van would work on the Yeti, as well as is there anyway to show the cruise control speed on the yeti dash? I've tried looking through on VCDS and can't seem to see an option. 2013 Pre facelift elegance.

I'd be interested in this too, I had a limiter on my 2003 Smart Fortwo and found the limiter to be much safer to use than cruise in those average speed roadworks on motorways

5 hours ago, b1ackb1rd said:

I had a limiter on my 2003 Smart Fortwo and found the limiter to be much safer to use than cruise in those average speed roadworks on motorways

How is a limiter any better than cruise control on roadworks and motorways?
If the maximum speed is set on C/C and you need to slow down just a tap on the resume button takes you back up to the speed limit again.

16 minutes ago, Urrell said:

How is a limiter any better than cruise control on roadworks and motorways?
If the maximum speed is set on C/C and you need to slow down just a tap on the resume button takes you back up to the speed limit again.

Simple, you can drive normally without having to mess with cruise which switches off if you brake, or touch the clutch and I can't see how changing speed on a button on a stalk is safe. 

It just practice. I drive with the car on cruise as much as possible with it set exactly to the real speed limit which is always slightly over the speedo reading.

I can slightly adjust the speed if needed when traffic is driving to speedo and not the true speed limit with the up and down rocker. A gentle push on the slider switch disengages the cruise without losing the set speed.

This is all done without looking down at the stalk, and I rarely need to look at the speedo either as I know I am not speeding, so much safer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

Exactly as I do Ken, and it is perfectly safe to do so.
I see no way it can be unsafe.

Well, you know what they say about opinions ... some would call that 'not in proper control' ? 

22 minutes ago, b1ackb1rd said:

Well, you know what they say about opinions ... some would call that 'not in proper control' ? 

So controlling the speed upwards or downwards, or being able to turn the Cruise Control off by the use of a finger or a foot on the brake or clutch is now classed as "not in proper control"?
In that case a hand control modified vehicle would be illegal, plus according to your opinion no vehicle fitted with cruise control would pass the Construction & Use Regulations.
🤯

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, b1ackb1rd said:

I can't see how changing speed on a button on a stalk is safe. 

I did not mention changing speed on the button, I said when ready to get up to the set speed limit again, tap resume.
I am sure the reason most do not like cruise control is they do not understand it.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

So controlling the speed upwards or downwards, or being able to turn the Cruise Control off by the use of a finger or a foot on the brake or clutch is now classed as "not in proper control"?
In that case a hand control modified vehicle would be illegal, plus according to your opinion no vehicle fitted with cruise control would pass the Construction & Use Regulations.
🤯

I didn't say that a vehicle with cruise control wouldn''t pass construction and use regs did I? You're being obtuse again ... what I said was that in the circumstances we were discussing ie in motorway roadworks use of the cruise control system in the way you describe could be seen as improper use in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Dont take it to heart, some members have difficulty accepting that others may occasionally see things differently from them and react innapropriately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Evidenced by the "unhelpfull" arrow. I had never recieved one until getting a Yeti and thus engaging with a new forum sub group, I have 19 now mostly from the same person, still looking at their profile they only seem to give them to me so I should be flattered.

If the cap fits.........................

On 06/06/2020 at 08:25, langers2k said:

Cruise control speed needs an adaption channel changing in the dash. However, it probably still won't display as not all engine ECU's support it.

As for the speed limiter button, I'm not aware of any similar PQ35 cars having that option. You'd need to find a VCDS autoscan from a Caddy with it and start comparing parts/coding. At a guess, it'll also be engine ECU dependant so may not be possible.

Thanks for that :) I did try enabling it in a few adaptations on the vCDS will have a look again at some point. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2020 at 0:43, TubaMagna8 said:

¿Alguien sabe si el botón del limitador de velocidad en el Caddy Van funcionaría en el Yeti, y también hay alguna forma para mostrar la velocidad del control de crucero en el tablero del yeti? He intentado buscar en VCDS y parece que no veo una opción. 2013 Elegancia previa al estiramiento facial.

Skoda Yeti VCDS adjustments:

NOTE

Before making any changes perform an AutoScan then you will be able to reset everything back to the original coding. After the scan the log folders will record all of the changes you made. You will have to manually reset each setting back the way it was one at a time though, just the way it was changed it the first time.

Display Cruise Control Speed:

Display the speed set for the cruise control in the bottom left corner of the MFD

image.png.08cb6e42fd5ff73655466c654b563658.png

This mod will show the actual speed, not the speed shown by the speedo (accurate within 1 km/h). The speed is visible when the cruise control is switched on and the car is moving, otherwise the total driven distance is shown. If the figures are small it means that the speed is set but the cruise control is not active, if the figures are big (as in the image above) the cruise control is active.

Instruments - 17
Adaptation - 10
Control Display  select "Active"