Goodbye Octavia Combi Mk3

As per title I finally said goodbye to the Octavia Mk3 Combi today. It was a 2014 elegance 1.6 CR DSG in denim blue with heated screen and seats, 165,000 miles, a few sets of tyres, variable servicing and cambelt / water pump change at 132,000. No real issues except for a cold starting problem last winter, which mysteriously disappeared one day.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moley said:

As per title I finally said goodbye to the Octavia Mk3 Combi today. It was a 2014 elegance 1.6 CR DSG in denim blue with heated screen and seats, 165,000 miles, a few sets of tyres, variable servicing and cambelt / water pump change at 132,000. No real issues except for a cold starting problem last winter, which mysteriously disappeared one day.   

Loving your post. 165k with variable servicing in a 1.6tdi with a DQ200 DSG.  3 armchair expert 'facts' rubbished in one sentance. :D

@moley   Well done, that is how they should be.

Did your car have the Emissions Fix carried out, (New engine management and flow device fitted)

and did your DQ200 DSG require Service Campaign '34H5' and was it carried out?

EDIT.

I see it did have the Preventative Software Update on the DSG.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/473391-2014-16tdi-octavia-dsg-gearbox

& no fix.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/422150-emissions-fix-again-factory-fix-start-build-date

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

1 minute ago, Scot5 said:

Loving your post. 165k with variable servicing in a 1.6tdi with a DQ200 DSG.  3 armchair expert 'facts' rubbished in one sentance. :D

Yeah, the car rarely missed a beat in those 165,000 miles. 

19 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@moley   Well done, that is how they should be.

Did your car have the Emissions Fix carried out, (New engine management and flow device fitted)

and did your DQ200 DSG require Service Campaign '34H5' and was it carried out?

EDIT.

I see it did have the Preventative Software Update on the DSG.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/473391-2014-16tdi-octavia-dsg-gearbox

& no fix.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/422150-emissions-fix-again-factory-fix-start-build-date

The Car did not come up on the 'list' to be fixed for the emissions, I even double checked with the dealer. The 34H5 campaign update for the DSG was done and I had the sticker on the boot floor.

10 minutes ago, skomaz said:

And its replacement is???

Superb Combi L&K 2.0 TDI DSG.

• Like 2

On 06/06/2020 at 22:17, moley said:

Thanks for posting this, its really good to hear as I have a 2016 combi 1.6 with DSG and had seen lots of horror stories about the DSG with some saying they wouldnt consider owning a dq200 car with over 100k on clock etc. My car has only done 44k so far, and im hoping to keep it for many years as its far and away the best car I have owned. Hopefully you have similar reliability with the Superb, sat in the back of one a while back and the leg room is immense its like a limousine. 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Piescoffer said:

Thanks for posting this, its really good to hear as I have a 2016 combi 1.6 with DSG and had seen lots of horror stories about the DSG with some saying they wouldnt consider owning a dq200 car with over 100k on clock etc. My car has only done 44k so far, and im hoping to keep it for many years as its far and away the best car I have owned. Hopefully you have similar reliability with the Superb, sat in the back of one a while back and the leg room is immense its like a limousine. 😁

I normally trade in at around 80k miles, but when the Octavia came up around that mileage the VW diesel scandal broke, so I decided to sit tight and wait for the dust to settle. I did around 85k miles in the previous mk2 elegance combi, which was also a 1.6 with the DSG. The only issue I had with that was an oil leak on the heat exchanger, it was just out of warranty and the dealer only charged me £110 to replace it as a goodwill gesture. 

• Thanks 1