Contacts imported on wife's phone!

I have a 2019 octavia and my phone is synced to it. My wife had to use my car for a few days and she paired her phone up.... Now she's got all my contacts on her phone!! How do I remove them from her phone??! 

I'm sorry, but you'll have to kill her 😁

Women don't give their phone to nobody. Mostly because the phone is glued to their hand.

Can’t really help with removing the contacts unless you manually go through her phone book and remove them one by one. A bit of a chore granted. Haven’t come across it before, odd to have that as a design feature.

Maybe someone can confirm that if using a spare key/driver profile this would only allow the car to connect to the phone associated with that key/profile to avoid this happening again if the car is shared?

Would some of these contacts be deemed “sensitive” by any chance? 😂

No, "sensitive" contacts thankfully. I just think it's annoying that if anyone else pairs up their phone to the car then all my contacts load up on their phones. Surely, there should be an option to import contacts from the car? If that were the case, then they could just say no to that. 

There is actually quite a simple solution to this; setup PERSONALISATION on the car.  Your MIB2.5 system has the option for personalisation and it should seperate out the different users / drivers of the cars and how they connect into the infrastructure.  Driver 1 and Driver 2 have different phones associations and therefore different contact books address lists.

Do you and your wife have the same make and model of phone?

Wondering if because the phones may have the same "name" in the pairing menu it synched all your contacts?

Just guessing at this point :).

Maybe change the name of your phone in the bluetooth menu to something different?

3 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

There is actually quite a simple solution to this; setup PERSONALISATION on the car.  Your MIB2.5 system has the option for personalisation and it should seperate out the different users / drivers of the cars and how they connect into the infrastructure.  Driver 1 and Driver 2 have different phones associations and therefore different contact books address lists.

If I regularly shared the car with my wife this is how I’d set my car up; own key and driver profile. Also stops her changing all my radio stations!

I wouldn’t want to create another driver profile if a passenger wanted to connect their phone as a music source however. Is there a way of avoiding my contacts downloading on to their phone in this instance as I agree with @scorpio1974 that this would be a bit inconvenient.

4 minutes ago, CookieMonster87 said:

Is there a way of avoiding my contacts downloading on to their phone in this instance as I agree with @scorpio1974 that this would be a bit inconvenient.

That just sounds like a firmware bug on the radio.  The trouble is that the syncronisation process is generally a two-way process.  Are your phones Android or Apple devices?

3 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

That just sounds like a firmware bug on the radio.  The trouble is that the syncronisation process is generally a two-way process.  Are your phones Android or Apple devices?

Both android 

As a temporary work-around; I suggest you switch-off your contact sharing option on your phone.  On my Note 10, go into settings-> Connections-> Bluetooth and find the car - click on the cog wheel (for settings for that bluetooth link) and *disable* Contact Access.  That will stop the car radio from sync'ing it self with your phone.  Very odd though - that hasn't happen on my Scout not on my husband's 2018 SE1.0.  The only way this could (in theory) happen is if the Bluetooth MAC address for both devices was the same and your Bluetooth sharing name was also the same....but that would be exceptionally rare setup.  Do you have an location or other contact sharing apps on your phone??

• Like 1

Try deleting each phone's paring from the radio; make sure your phones have unique names.  Do this for both car profiles.  Try giving your car-name something different (in-case a character is triggering a F/W bug).

Driver 1 - re-pair their first phone.  Accept sharing on contacts.  Make sure you are happy.

Driver 1 - re-pair second phone.  DO NOT accept sharing on contacts.  

Driver 2 - re-pair their phone. Accept sharing on contact.  Make sure you are happy....check to make that Driver 1's contacts are not there.

Driver 2 - re-pair second phone.  DO NOT accept sharing on contacts.