NZ Kamiq 5yr warranty?

fergiet

If Skoda UK are not going to do 5 year warranties as standard to get sales / first registrations moving then maybe 'Simply clever' dealerships can put the 2 year warranty extension on and get potential customers attention.

As it is they are going to be offering incentives so this not very expensive to them '5 years' might just do the trick.

According to the website a NZ Monte Carlo is almost identical in spec to a UK Monte Carlo.  So is the NZ car cheaper or more expensive than a UK car? Well having relatives in NZ who prefer to buy their clothes when they come home to the UK because it's cheaper, not to mention Skoda have to transport the car to the opposite side of the world, I'd have said the NZ car is easily the most expensive of the two.

So to use the example of a 1.5 Monte Carlo DSG in metallic Race Blue,

the UK list price is £27195 + £515 for a xtra 2yr warranty = £27700

The same car in NZ which doesn't include delivery or On The Road costs works out at £22000.   😲  !!!   

Given that NZ like us drive on the right then...   Assuming my costings are correct, I wonder how much it costs to import the car from NZ?  :D

I must have those figures wrong - surely?

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Is there any reason the Skoda built in China do not go to New Zealand

The Chinese built Kamiq is different ( see below ) and I believe for home market only. NZ has the international version which I believe is only built in Czech Republic ( but I could be wrong ).

2-skoda-kamiq-2019-uk-fd-hero-rear.jpg.8988f562ea53c7fcb70eabb3b47d262f.jpg

283331129_koda_Kamiq_CN_002_China_2019-03-25.thumb.jpg.7678166b8db211c4dbdbf258ed399c46.jpgskoda-kamiq-2018-1.jpg.1a5ab1903998c8b5c21b5b82d3b5aa4f.jpg

Edited by Guest

@Scot5

I know they are different as the Yeti was and the extended Yeti was.

As it is for the WLTP / World wide harmonised Light Vehicle test. That seems not to matter in Australia as they are getting the 1.4 TSI's with a 8 speed Auto into Karoq's

?

Does the WLTP / RDE & now RDE2 matter in New Zealand?

Dunno, all I can say is the 1.0 and 1.5 appear to be exactly the same engines we receive in UK. Just go to the Skoda NZ site, all the answers are there.

Edited by Guest

I was hoping that a member in New Zealand could say if the WLTP & RDE2 matters in NZ as it seems not to in Australia.

As to same engines they can get the same ps & Nm but be mapped differently for different world regions.

That is to get WLTP / RDE / RDE2 test results, or maybe just to drive nicely without the manufacturer having to worry about them being retested as they are imported as has been happening in the UK since 2016 with some VW Group vehicles.

Skoda New Zealand have good prices for the spec you get - my Kodiaq RS would have a retail price of £53k in the UK while mine came to around £38k. We used to have variable servicing with a 3 year warranty but now it's a fixed 15000km/1yr service regime with a 5 year warranty.

On 11/06/2020 at 18:42, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Can anyone say,

?

Is there any reason the Skoda built in China do not go to New Zealand, or do some Skoda & VW models actually get imported from there?

Is it to do with Trade Agreements and tariffs?

All Skodas in China are built for the Chinese market by SAIC-Skoda, and aren't exported anywhere as far as I'm aware. Even Skoda Taiwan get European built cars.

21 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

As it is for the WLTP / World wide harmonised Light Vehicle test. That seems not to matter in Australia as they are getting the 1.4 TSI's with a 8 speed Auto into Karoq's

?

Does the WLTP / RDE & now RDE2 matter in New Zealand?

Australia abide by their own standards - the ADR (Australian Design Rules). The current emissions standard there is the ADR 79/04 which is based on Euro 5 standards. In New Zealand we follow ADR 79/04, Euro 5, Japan 09 (big grey market for Jap imports here) or US 2007. For cars there are other ADR's which results in cars coming here sooner as the homologation rules are less stringent here. There's no local development done in NZ, ECU mapping is no different to what Europe get. 

• Thanks 1

91, 95, 98 RON, and just regular diesel, though they all have additives so maybe you'd call that premium. We follow Euro 6 fuel standards, so 10ppm sulfur in both diesel and petrol. Australia haven't been getting cars with petrol particulate filters until now, as while their diesel is 10ppm sulfur, regular gas has 150ppm sulfur content and 50ppm for premium. The Superb Scout is the first car to be sold there with a petrol particulate filter, and owners must be using premium gas or there will be no assistance from Skoda Australia if they have issues with the filter.

Edited by ZacDaMan72
  • Like 1

Standard diesel is diesel and then the premium diesel might well have more additives / detergents but no more cetane than standard diesel / heavy oil / derv.

The Karoq with the 1.4TSI & 8 speed auto that will be available in Australia is an interesting choice and might suit people more than the thought of a 1.5 TSI ACT and a DQ200 DSG.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/477576-new-australian-karoq-release-for-your-amusement

18 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

The Karoq with the 1.4TSI & 8 speed auto that will be available in Australia is an interesting choice and might suit people more than the thought of a 1.5 TSI ACT and a DQ200 DSG.

I'd be interested to read a review of it. Luckily here in NZ we get the Euro drivetrains, so for Karoq the 1.0 TSI manual (apparently this is just so they can say "FROM £18,000"), 1.5 TSI DQ200 and 2.0 TSI 4x4 DQ381. The 150PS TDI got discontinued for NZ.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...