12 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I prefer the Gemini's finished in silver TBH but it's your car and ultimately your choice.:thumbup:

I did contemplate it, but I'm going to get the Maxton extras so think will all match quite well 

They look great. I'll be doing the same to my extremes when the diamond cut finish inevitably corrodes. 

It does look high though, had you just lowered it off the jack?! 

7 minutes ago, Swirly182 said:

They look great. I'll be doing the same to my extremes when the diamond cut finish inevitably corrodes. 

It does look high though, had you just lowered it off the jack?! 

Yeah hasn't been driven since done! Will take for drive today to see 👍

Edited by hazzaardous

Agree with Alex's post above, I think putting skirts and splitters on a non-lowered car looks a bit daft as you still have this big arch gap to fill. But each to their own, modifying is all personal preference 👍

CreamvRS's motor looks sweet, best looking VR wagon out there IMO, it should provide a good idea of how they look with maxton skirts and splitters: 

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Agree with Alex's post above, I think putting skirts and splitters on a non-lowered car looks a bit daft as you still have this big arch gap to fill. But each to their own, modifying is all personal preference 👍

CreamvRS's motor looks sweet, best looking VR wagon out there IMO, it should provide a good idea of how they look with maxton skirts and splitters: 

The car was fresh of the jacks in that picture, I have taken it for a drive to today and sitting right now! I quite like the idea of getting it lowered? Whats involved with that and how much by?? Replacing the diffuser and painting the tips next

35 minutes ago, hazzaardous said:

The car was fresh of the jacks in that picture, I have taken it for a drive to today and sitting right now! I quite like the idea of getting it lowered? Whats involved with that and how much by?? Replacing the diffuser and painting the tips next

The choice of lowering is pretty broad... springs, coilovers or bags, I think most of us on here who have lowered the car have done so using lowering springs. Eibach or H&R. Mine is on H&R 40mm (this lowers a VR by approx 25mm as they are already 15mm lower than the standard car) and it sits nice. Handles a bit better and haven't lost too much comfort. You could coilover it for more adjustability but the comfort may suffer unless going for top dollar fully adjustable dampers etc. I had cheap Ap coilovers on my mk1 leon cupra r and had instant regret haha, back breaking ride so it is worthwhile investing in a high end KW or something similar if choosing this option...

Nice, which diffuser you fitting? How are you painting the tips? I've thought about this as mine are started to look a bit aged.