Wireless Charging?

Ok, rather a silly question - is there any way to determine if my Skoda Superb MK3 (L&K) has wireless charging?

Yes, i could place a phone with wireless charging capabilities into the space where the charger would be, but I don't have one at the moment.

Notably inside the fold out flap under the air controls is the rubberised section on the left, with 1 USB ports and 12V socket on the right.

13 hours ago, JR RS said:

If u have factory wireless charging, the mat should look like this, with the "qi" symbol....

Screenshot_20200617-074755.thumb.png.afaa98bdedfad05c6073cca2487799e4.png

I'm puzzled about this myself. Spent 15 minutes yesterday pushing my phone into the space - despite it quite obviously not being flat - trying to work out if something was happening. Felt like a right idiot afterwards. Has ANYBODY in the UK got the phonebox? It's mentioned in the user manual, it's depicted in the German brochure but it's not mentioned in the UK brochure at all, neither as standard nor optional feature or as accessory.

Hi,

yes I have it in my Superb, I have a Samsung S10 5G and it charges OK (does not go flat in the hole) you will see the icon on the infotainment screen change when it is in and charging

John

3 hours ago, jjc said:

Hi,

yes I have it in my Superb, I have a Samsung S10 5G and it charges OK (does not go flat in the hole) you will see the icon on the infotainment screen change when it is in and charging

John

Did it come as standard with your L&K iV or was it an option you could add? Does it look like the photo by JR RS above?

Mine is an ex demo (rang them when Covid-19 hit and said that they would be better letting me have it than have it sat in the showroom for who knew how long 🤣

Yes it looks the same as the photo, there is a symbol on the top line of the Columbus just right of the Bat status that changes when charging.

John 

17 hours ago, jjc said:

Mine is an ex demo (rang them when Covid-19 hit and said that they would be better letting me have it than have it sat in the showroom for who knew how long 🤣

Yes it looks the same as the photo, there is a symbol on the top line of the Columbus just right of the Bat status that changes when charging.

John 

Interesting, I'm still unclear which cars have the phonebox and which don't. I have a 69reg L&K and had a 17reg L&K before that, both bought as used, which don't have it. And yet, if you go through "Configure my car" on Skoda's uk website it's not available as an add-on option to choose.

2 hours ago, WolfK said:

Interesting, I'm still unclear which cars have the phonebox and which don't. I have a 69reg L&K and had a 17reg L&K before that, both bought as used, which don't have it. And yet, if you go through "Configure my car" on Skoda's uk website it's not available as an add-on option to choose.

I've not got it in my L&K which is just 2 years old, whilst from what I understand the QI standard is possible a little old (it's been around for quite a few years). so perhaps something that is no longer offered perhaps? Having read a little further, you'd also still need to connect your phone via USB to get CarPlay etc. which does defeat the object slightly.

I wanted it realistically so i could charge wireless but also trigger my phone to enable bluetooth once placed on the charging pad (and turn it off again when removed). That said I believe there is a way to code an RFID tag to do pretty much the same.