FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)

FUBAR

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Kyoki said:

Are they the Kopacek ones? Seems like a rookie question, but how difficult was the install?

Aliexpress ones £15 ish delivered. Think the same ones are only a few quid more on ebay for quicker delivery though. Easy enough installed they come with all you need in box inc a T20 (I think) screwdriver and a trim removal tool. This video is very helpful for install.

https://youtu.be/hwEET2_Ychg

Here's the ones I got:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001001249975.html

Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164924764945

• FUBAR changed the title to FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)

Sold today. Mostly returned to stock and sold with mud flaps, android head unit, tailored mats, vRS dash decal, colour coded Skoda badges left in situ. 

• Crying 2

40 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

what have you got instead???

11 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Please tell me you've bought something equally as green?!

Otherwise I want a project section for the wee Fiesta! :)

Did have eye on a mint 2018 manual V8 Mustang in grey with 10K miles at a SEAT dealers, it was there a while and priced very well, but sold last week... Will just drive the Fiesta for now as it's only on 30,700 miles and see what happens over next while, no rush. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Clear out some of the cobwebs in the wee thing then? :)

It's a bang tidy wee motor tbh. Totally stock, plain, boring, slow, but it's a class wee workhorse and very appropriate for my 7 miles commute. Might replace the heated windscreen, prob won't. 

• Like 1

as for the feshty, we ran a few '05 vans for engineers pool vans back in the day, before they all got replaced by bog level connects 🙄

the feshties were grand. nippy (ish) but with an empty boot f'kall over the rear axle could make them a bit lively on bad roads. and noisy on a long journey... bleeding eardrums after a 2hr motorway to HQ kinda noisy :D

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

as for the feshty, we ran a few '05 vans for engineers pool vans back in the day, before they all got replaced by bog level connects 🙄

the feshties were grand. nippy (ish) but with an empty boot f'kall over the rear axle could make them a bit lively on bad roads. and noisy on a long journey... bleeding eardrums after a 2hr motorway to HQ kinda noisy :D

S-IMG_20211010_165833-01.thumb.jpg.ace66b9b47d6f688b4a037eb480ca386.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, FUBAR said:

S-IMG_20211010_165833-01.thumb.jpg.ace66b9b47d6f688b4a037eb480ca386.jpg

ooooo look at you mr ive got fancy back doors :rofl:

at least the seats' weight alone helps a bit with the back end.. surprisingly chuckable cars too.

• Like 1

Just now, mac11irl said:

ooooo look at you mr ive got fancy back doors :rofl:

at least the seats' weight alone helps a bit with the back end.. surprisingly chuckable cars too.

Never mind the back doors, he's got the posh wheels too. :D

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

i dunno, a lot of fords of that age had fake alloys - 5 spoke steelies with very well fitted hubcaps!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

14 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

i dunno, a lot of fords of that age had fake alloys - 5 spoke steelies with very well fitted hubcaps!

100% pure aluminium and a bit of paint / lacquer, the BIG 15" beasties not the wee 14" steelies I will have you know! :wait:S-IMG_20191207_141406.thumb.jpg.cecfc96aa7ad31a7119061f506c20daa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 18/02/2022 at 07:44, AnnoyingPentium said:

I take it that it's a Ghia? It looks like the courtesy car my Granda had when he crashed his Punto, except his was maroon. :)

No no no, that's a 'Zetec Climate' (heated windscreen, electric heated mirrors and AC) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I've got most of those, besides the heated windscreen, so yeah, still posh. :tongueout:

Only a few lines work on windscreen lol, needs replaced. Still has factory barcode stickers on the windows it's that fresh and un messed with! AC I got gassed and worked but not for long so something leaking somewhere but compressor did its job and clutch worked etc. Not worth the hassle cost £69 and the main dealer that did it reported pressure test fine GURRRR. Everything else works, like those mirrors lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FUBAR said:

Only a few lines work on windscreen lol, needs replaced. Still has factory barcode stickers on the windows it's that fresh and un messed with!

All my side windows and the tailgate are original, the windscreen was replaced last November. 

2 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

AC I got gassed and worked but not for long so something leaking somewhere but compressor did its job and clutch worked etc. Not worth the hassle cost £69 and the main dealer that did it reported pressure test fine GURRRR.

Mine is the same, my Mum gets 50% off work carried out on family members' cars at the Peugeot dealer she's working in (or something like that), so I'm just waiting for a time when I can afford it or be arsed. :D

My mirrors are a godsend when it's baltic as well. I'd be lost without them. :D

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

All my side windows and the tailgate are original, the windscreen was replaced last November. 

Mine is the same, my Mum gets 50% off work carried out on family members' cars at the Peugeot dealer she's working in (or something like that), so I'm just waiting for a time when I can afford it or be arsed. :D

My mirrors are a godsend when it's baltic as well. I'd be lost without them. :D

My vRS had headed windscreen, I really will miss it. Might pay the £250 to replace it, but as i've had this Fiesta 3 years now I've wasted 3 years not getting it back then and 3 years use I won't get from spending that now.... Might just stick with water and less of a feck being given... Dead handy for condensation though 

• Like 1