Navigation Map Update Amundsen+

I am curious to know if anyone has ever experience this or know the solution to trying to update your Sat Nav

I purchased a SD Card allegedly with navigational update RNS 315 for my  Amundsen+ from a Company called SatnavDisk for £44.99

When I eventually received the SD Card the instructions seemed quite simple insert the Disk and it takes about 2 hours to load, anyway, within about 10 minutes it stopped loading and "INTERNAL ERROR" came up.  I sent an email to SatnavDisk and they put a replacement in the post which never arrived and according to them must have got lost in the post so I eventually got a replacement, inserted it and it started to load and about 70% through the loading process "INTERNAL ERROR" it was obvious this was not going to work and even worse my existing mapping system is now completely wiped.

Does anyone have any experience of this and what to do - I am tempted to buy a new non skoda unit on Ebay but a bit unsure if they actually work.  Any advice would be much appreciated

On 22/06/2020 at 19:04, Eck45 said:

I am curious to know if anyone has ever experience this or know the solution to trying to update your Sat Nav

I purchased a SD Card allegedly with navigational update RNS 315 for my  Amundsen+ from a Company called SatnavDisk for £44.99

When I eventually received the SD Card the instructions seemed quite simple insert the Disk and it takes about 2 hours to load, anyway, within about 10 minutes it stopped loading and "INTERNAL ERROR" came up.  I sent an email to SatnavDisk and they put a replacement in the post which never arrived and according to them must have got lost in the post so I eventually got a replacement, inserted it and it started to load and about 70% through the loading process "INTERNAL ERROR" it was obvious this was not going to work and even worse my existing mapping system is now completely wiped.

Does anyone have any experience of this and what to do - I am tempted to buy a new non skoda unit on Ebay but a bit unsure if they actually work.  Any advice would be much appreciated

7 minutes ago, Mriggs said:

have the same problem in the car with that same nav i got the latest map  west europa v12 -2020 on the sd card. starts the installation but ends at 83%... tried install 3 times same happend. 
the old inside map was wiped out and the new one was installed  i don't have original sd map card whit came that car

does anyone have any information on how to get that installed in rns315 memory for that West Europa 2020 V12

PSX_20200625_144421.jpg

Could be a batch of dodgy cards, I'd suggest you both go back to the sellers. I assume they are cloned cards and not genuine ones at £200+?

I don't have enough experience with a RNS-315/Amundsen+ to suggest much else 😕

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, langers2k said:

Could be a batch of dodgy cards, I'd suggest you both go back to the sellers. I assume they are cloned cards and not genuine ones at £200+?

I don't have enough experience with a RNS-315/Amundsen+ to suggest much else 😕

I contacted the seller to promise either a refund or a new  map udate sd card  but i can use navi whit sd card works fine  dosent install units harddrive

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Mriggs said:

PSX_20200625_144421.jpg

Surprising I have the V9 which just says "Internal Error" as soon as I try to load it and the V12 runs for about 70% then says "Internal Error" unlike your version which says installation has been cancelled - Like you I did not get an original SD Card when I purchased my car but I have another SD Card on the way so hopefully that might work

14 hours ago, Mriggs said:

Seller is going to issue a Refund but another Seller has said if his SD Card does not work he will issue a Refund so I will wait and see

I contacted the seller to promise either a refund or a new  map udate sd card  but i can use navi whit sd card works fine  dosent install units harddrive

On 25/06/2020 at 14:14, Mriggs said:

PSX_20200625_144421.jpg

It seems the Unit may be too old for an update but if you try the following it may help - Disconnect your Battery for approximately 15 minutes then once you re-connect it you may see some warning lights come on but just drive around for 5 or 10 minutes they should go back to normal and your system should be re-set then try and install your SD Card - Worth a Try

V12 maps have just hit the market, so it's possible some sellers aren't manufacturing their cards properly yet and are using the general public as testers.  If you want to send your unit to me (or if you're close enough to drop it in) then I'll take a look and see what's up.

Worth a thought - I live in Scotland and have Family who live near Gainsborough and friends who live in Thorpe Underwood whom I often visit but due to the Lockdown we have curbed our travel, however, I do not think it will last much longer so if I cannot resolve the problem I will certainly consider sending the unit to you (or dropping in) as an option though I am not sure if the car is drive-able without the unit

3 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

V12-kartat ovat juuri päässeet markkinoille, joten on mahdollista, että jotkut myyjät eivät vielä valmista korttejaan kunnolla ja käyttävät suurta yleisöä testaajina. Jos haluat lähettää yksikköni minulle (tai jos olet tarpeeksi lähellä pudottaaksesi sen), katson ja katson mitä on tekeillä.

Katsoi jo noita kartta päivityksiä olivat saatavilla huhtikuussa v12 2020 päivitys 

On 7/3/2020 at 7:08 PM, Eck45 said:

It seems the Unit may be too old for an update but if you try the following it may help - Disconnect your Battery for approximately 15 minutes then once you re-connect it you may see some warning lights come on but just drive around for 5 or 10 minutes they should go back to normal and your system should be re-set then try and install your SD Card - Worth a Try

Everythinks fine now unit has now harddrive 2020 west europa v12 maps first update card was broken.. 

They send me another card thats works install go to end every think works