1.5 petrol Sportline

At that age make sure the 1.5tsi engine has had it's software update and make sure it doesnt 'kangaroo' when starting off, especially when the engine is cold.

You don't say manual or auto. No issue with manual but if auto then it should have a DQ200 gearbox fitted which some people report as troublesome. My own personal opinion is that the 1.5 may struggle with a car that size, fine if just one or two passengers, but if you're loading the car then personally I'd be looking at a 2.0tsi or 2.0tdi.

Apart from that, 1.5 is a great engine. It should return about 10mpg less than 2.0 diesel in a manual Superb if that's of any help.

1.5 won't 'struggle' at all.

Just done a round trip to Windsor from Middlesbrough this week, 2 people in the car, fully loaded boot with tools, bags etc.. and a spare wheel.

Computer reckons average of 46 MPG on the way down and 52 MPG on the way back, all at approx 74MPH set in the ACC.

It will only struggle if you are the type that needs to beat everyone off the line.

• Like 2

Cheers dudes, another mate had one from new so knew what to expect mpg and performance wise, just wasn't sure about faults etc with that engine once miles increase.

Likely wants a dsg one.

I've just taken delivery of a 2019 1.5TSi dsg Sportline. Don't know of any issues as I've only hed it 4 days, but in terms of performance it's good, peppy free reving engine, still the same dsg wanting to be in the highest gear. If you want to make "progress" switch it into sport mode.

Coming from a 2016 2.0Tdi I'm quite happy with how it drives. I'd suggest it drives better as the suspension is less floaty which my only criticism of my SE Business spec car.

Cheers, think he's the dealer keeping an eye out for one, they only had a grey one and think he really wants red. Debating a 2L as well for the extra umph but the 1.5 much better economy.

My L&K is a 2.0 and I get 42-45mpg on a motorway run without trying. Round town it’s crap, I get about 30 if that but I’m sure that’s the same for most cars.

I haven’t driven a 1.5 myself but our A Class is a 1.5 and feels pretty gutless to me and it’s lighter than the Superb.

I guess as already mentioned it’s down to driving style but personally I’d hate to drive a lovely big Sportline and not be able to hoof it on the odd occasion 🙃

I have the 1.5 Sportline.

It's a good engine, gets the job done. Also needless to say the fuel consumption is just amazing - 6.0 liters/100 km.

It's not a sportscar by any means but it's a good one.