Mk3 octavia vrs lowering

I would go with Eibach Sportline, my MY16 RS sedan sits nicely with them, not too low but like you wanted it filled the arch. You will also notice a good upgrade in how the car leans in corners, it feels a lot more stable, ive had them under now for approx 6 months and 30tkm and been really happy with the quality of them.

Just now, SashaGrace said:

H&R 40mm :) 

56E8A89F-DA61-40B7-A55B-5A29D6651DDD.thumb.jpeg.8f2e05e1078e99d8954ad31dd5879ae8.jpeg

Looks really good, did you change the struts and dampers too suit the new springs? 

9 minutes ago, The_NicNic said:

I would go with Eibach Sportline, my MY16 RS sedan sits nicely with them, not too low but like you wanted it filled the arch. You will also notice a good upgrade in how the car leans in corners, it feels a lot more stable, ive had them under now for approx 6 months and 30tkm and been really happy with the quality of them.

Is it a good idea to just change the springs? Or would you recommend changing the dampers and struts too?

3 minutes ago, hazzaardous said:

Is it a good idea to just change the springs? Or would you recommend changing the dampers and struts too?

Depends in my opinion on how much its driven, if the car already has a good amount of miles on it then i would go for changing the dampers also, just because its convenient to do both at once, my car has the original dampers with the Eibach springs, not had any problems with the dampers, the car was driven 100tkm when i fitted them under.

1 hour ago, hazzaardous said:

Looks really good, did you change the struts and dampers too suit the new springs? 

They were changed as the car had 115k miles on it at the time but only for OEM items.

Just now, hazzaardous said:

Very nice 👍 do the springs work well with the oem struts and dampers? 

Nice one. They feel fine, very close to the standard ride, even the guy that fitted them commented on how good the ride was. I can’t say anything about longevity as they’ve only been on a few weeks. 

I had eibach sportlines for a while on stock shocks. If you aren't uber picky about the ride, I think you can live without changing shocks. It was comfortable but a little bouncy, so I eventually upgraded the shocks to Bilstein B8s. 

The ride on the B8s is a lot more tied down. For me it's a lot more confidence inspiring but it's noticeably firmer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking about lowering mine for the last 6 months but was worried about ruining the ride. Lowered my Golf 40mm and it used to get stuck on everything 🙄

Think you lot have just persuaded me to do it though 😂

Will post after pictures once it’s done...

currently looking like this - 

(Instagram - @fferbz for anyone that wants to follow the progress)

DB921E5F-2A51-4ACD-B695-CE5319957596.jpeg

2BA7ADB5-AB3A-4A67-82A5-4204C6878FF0.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 26/07/2020 at 19:17, Obalaan said:

Eibach Sportline, even better ride quality than my old Golf R 2016 now.

And looks damn nice :)

2.jpg

Looks superb!This is what I am after! What eibach sportline are they?I mean what drop?

59 minutes ago, Stanleybn77 said:

Looks superb!This is what I am after! What eibach sportline are they?I mean what drop?

These ones i ordered.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/EIBACH-SPORTLINE-Federn-Audi-A3-8V-Sport-Skoda-Octavia-5E-E20-15-021-05-22/273585353141?epid=1960066269&hash=item3fb2f531b5:g:~w4AAOSwE3FcrK2I

Think it's around 25-30mm drop. 

9 hours ago, Obalaan said:

Thank you.will order over the weekend. Can't wait 👏

3 hours ago, Stanleybn77 said:

Thank you.will order over the weekend. Can't wait 👏

You won´t regret it :)
Good price too.

I followed this guides too, and as you can see in the second video i did´nt use any compression tool in front since it´s not any tension in it.

Edited by Obalaan

23 minutes ago, Obalaan said:

You won´t regret it :)
Good price too.

I followed this guides too, and as you can see in the second video i did´nt use any compression tool in front since it´s not any tension in it.

😁😁😁

Luckily have a friend who is working in the garage and will help with it. Experience and tools in one place 😃should be piece of cake 😃🤞🤞🤞

Also 15mm spacers on front and 20mm on back will go on too 😁😁😁

I am new here. Bought recently mk3 vrs 245 17 plate will add some photos onto profile before and after.few things i would like to get done.step by step though 😁

Have to make sure that family have food provided on the table too😁😁😁

4 minutes ago, Stanleybn77 said:

😁😁😁

Luckily have a friend who is working in the garage and will help with it. Experience and tools in one place 😃should be piece of cake 😃🤞🤞🤞

Also 15mm spacers on front and 20mm on back will go on too 😁😁😁

I am new here. Bought recently mk3 vrs 245 17 plate will add some photos onto profile before and after.few things i would like to get done.step by step though 😁

Have to make sure that family have food provided on the table too😁😁😁

The best things on mine are wheels, lowering and rear lights from facelift (not in that picture)
And ofcourse my alcantara steering wheel :)

Edited by Obalaan

4 minutes ago, Obalaan said:

The best things on mine are wheels, lowering and rear lights from facelift (not in that picture)
And ofcourse my alcantara steering wheel :)

Your wheels do look cool. I have got 19" extreme and will keep them on.

My one is face-lift so no need to change rear lights😁

Wouldn't say no the the alcantara stering wheel.

1 minute ago, Stanleybn77 said:

Your wheels do look cool. I have got 19" extreme and will keep them on.

My one is face-lift so no need to change rear lights😁

Wouldn't say no the the alcantara stering wheel.

I really like it, and it's OEM too, i love OEM.

3.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

@Obalaan When you say OEM do you mean it came stock on a vehicle?  Very interested as it would be an amazing upgrade.

Yes, thats exactly what i mean.
Don't know which car but i order it from my dealership.

OEM number: 565064241A GCW

It comes with new paddles and new buttons with white lights instead of green.
You only move over the airbag and the vrs badge at the bottom.

Edited by Obalaan
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

looks like it might have been an option on the RS model in some other market around the world.  I'll be adding it to my list.

You are not the only one who is adding it into the list😁

• Like 1