Inlet manifold

Hi all, I've just had the inlet manifold done on my mk2 tfsi, as it was being done, I had a call from the garage, so I went down and spoke to them, I was shown some nasty carbonated valves, very bad carbonated valves in all honesty, and was told that replacing the inlet manifold wouldn't solve the problem, is there anything I can do to get rid of this stuff, I can feel the car judder when it's driven, not noticeable too much when it's warm, unless you put the foot down, but when it's cold, you can really feel it, have been back to the garage who have said it's because the valves are sticking open etc, and that they call it smokers lung, all help appreciated

Unfortunately this is a problem with all modern direct injection engines.

Back in the old days the fuel was injected before the valves so they constantly had petrol washing over them and kept them clean.

Now the fuel injected directly into the cylinder.

As above. It needs cleaning. There's places that do walnut blasting where they blast the inlet valves while also hooked up to suction to prevent debris getting into the head etc and clean up the valves.

44 minutes ago, Vrslad said:

Got the garage to clean what they could, will a terraclean work the same way?, thank you all for replying

I doubt it, as they connect their magic goo to the fuel system and you have direct injection, it won't touch the inlet manifold.

From their website:

the first stage cleans the injection system and inlet valves (manifold injection only)

• Like 1

There are inlet valve cleaners you can buy that you spray into the manifold. How affective one would be since they're so bad they're causing running problems I don't know.

I see them more as a preventative tool. Will be using one every few months to try and keep things clean.