2021 brochure / pricelist now on UK website

For those that don't know the 2021 pricelist and brochure is available on the UK website.  The online configurator hasn't yet caught up so best not to use that for these models just yet.

My interest is with the Sportline so I'm only concentrating with that, but to highlight some positives, negatives and outright oddities:

1:  A new three spoke steering wheel has been introduced - makes the car look higher quality IMO. According to brochure, heating is now standard and the flappy paddles are aluminium ( were they plastic before? )

2: The 2WD 1.5 DSG has been re-intoduced. It costs almost £4000 less than the 2.0tsi 4WD. This means that unlike all other Sportlines, you can use the options list without too much worry of breaking the £40k increased VED threashold

3: Ventilated seats are now available at a cost of £1500. The seats are electric leather seats which makes me think that they'll be the same other Kodiaqs as opposed to the alcantara vRS type sports seats ( at least that's by guess )

4: Manual roller blinds for the rear are £205 but they're included in the £180 family pack which also gives you door protectors, electric child locks, and a door bin as well.  That's odd to say the least.

5: Rear camera option has only increased by £10 to £405

6: Adaptive cruise option has increased from £310 to £500.  Yikes!

7: Travel Assist option costs £1000 but can only be fitted to the 2 spoke heated steering wheel. The Sportline has a 3 spoke wheel, but they still give you that option?  Odd

8: Same is true for the Travel and Park Assist option - can only be fitted to 2 spoke wheel but Sportline has this option as available?  What's more weird is that Travel Assist costs £1000 on it's own, Park Assist costs £330 on it's own, but if you select them as a pack the the total cost is £1850 :wall:

9: Adaptive lane assist ( whatever that is ? ) + Blind Spot will set you back £1200. But you also need to option adaptive cruise so total cost is £1700.  Again only the 2 spoke heated wheel limitation is mentioned. The Sportline has a 3 spoke wheel.

10:  Exactly the same as 9: above but also inclused emergency assist at the same cost of  £1200.  I can't work out why it's the same price without emergency assist. I'm assuming it means this only applies to DSG models, but it doesn't say.

11: Under the technical specifications, they have the Sportline (7 seats) 2.0 Tdi 150 PS DSG 4x4 as having a 6 speed manual gearbox.  Perhaps it's automatic in the sense it's the passenger who changes gears for you  :D

Just wondering if there is any other odd things people can see from the 2021 pricelist / brochure?

Edited by Guest

I suspect the price of ACC has increased as it's the higher spec version working at speeds of up to 210kph instead of the current versions limit of 160kph.

• Like 1

Lane assist warns when you approach the lane markings, I believe adaptive lane assist actually guides the car into the centre of the lane. (Which is what lane assist on my Golf has always done!)

I noticed some odd changes for the Karoq as well... a heated steering wheel is now standard on the Sportline, but the heated windscreen has jumped up significantly! I wonder if they're using the film type rather than wired type??

And Area View on the Karoq requires adaptive lane assist, so the Driver Assist pack doesn't cut it (only lane assist) and you have to select one of the adaptive lane assist packs instead. :)

Chris 

Update: A German magazine suggests that adaptive lane assist will also recognise roadworks. I wonder if they mean cones or lane markings in different colours as in Europe??

Chris

4 hours ago, silver1011 said:

I suspect the price of ACC has increased as it's the higher spec version working at speeds of up to 210kph instead of the current versions limit of 160kph.

I believe you are correct!! 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, silver1011 said:

I wonder how many people that'll affect?  As Connolly would say, about as much use as a fart in a spacesuit.  :D

7 hours ago, CJJE said:

I noticed some odd changes for the Karoq as well... a heated steering wheel is now standard on the Sportline, but the heated windscreen has jumped up significantly! I wonder if they're using the film type rather than wired type??

And Area View on the Karoq requires adaptive lane assist, so the Driver Assist pack doesn't cut it (only lane assist) and you have to select one of the adaptive lane assist packs instead. :)

Chris 

I seem to remember reading similar things about the new Octavia where you couldn't just order one thing, you had to order multiple seemingly unrelated items which made it very expensive. Want Canton? well apart from having to now fork out £685, you additionally have to chose an electrically operated boot at £395. There has to be some logic to these bundles I suppose but I'm damned if I can think of any reason.

I've given up trying to keep up with other models, my head's screwed up concentrating on the car I'm trying to buy. The only thing I do know is that whenever assistance packs are mentioned, you need deep pockets.

One toy I've found very useful on my current Octavia is rear-cross traffic alert but I'm damned if I can find any mention of it on the 2021 Kodiaq.  Is there any mention of it being available for the 2021 Karoq? 

According to the "Always on the Lookout" page of the 21 July Karoq brochure/price list, "Rear Traffic Alert included as part of the Blind Spot Detect system, this assistant helps you reverse safely from a parking spot when visibility is restricted. It can also activate the brakes automatically if an imminent collision is detected."

And I can vouch for it working as described in my Golf - it prevented a nasty accident when a high-speed van came zooming behind me once in a crowded car park! 

Chris

PS: It's also described in the 2020/05 owner's manual, although that doesn't link it to Blind Spot Detect.

Edited by CJJE
update

Hi Roottoot,

It worked as advertised in that the van was approaching a high speed across my path as I was reversing slowly out from between other vans, but they blocked my vision of it. So the Rear Traffic Assist slammed the brakes on for me as he sailed past the back of my car. No impact, van driver couldn't even care less that he'd nearly hit me.  

Chris

1 hour ago, CJJE said:

According to the "Always on the Lookout" page of the 21 July Karoq brochure/price list, "Rear Traffic Alert included as part of the Blind Spot Detect system,

Missed that. Thank you. :thumbup:

We've had it lucky at Skoda for several years, there aren't many manufacturers that allow the ability to spec up a car so individually.

Even before COVID the complexity this brings any business, let alone one as big as Skoda and as complex as a vehicle makes it surprising it's gone on for so long.

Try speccing a SEAT Tarraco up as individually as a Kodiaq, or worse any Mazda model. 

2 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

We've had it lucky at Skoda for several years, there aren't many manufacturers that allow the ability to spec up a car so individually.

Even before COVID the complexity this brings any business, let alone one as big as Skoda and as complex as a vehicle makes it surprising it's gone on for so long.

Try speccing a SEAT Tarraco up as individually as a Kodiaq, or worse any Mazda model. 

I'll agree with that. VW and Skoda let you choose just what you want on your new car, and don't force you into the mix they want to sell you. Audi though are still pretty restrictive, and don't even offer heated windscreens! (When I enquired about a Q3, the sales guy tried to hide behind the 'Ford patent' argument until I pointed out that Skoda & VW can sell them!)

I was also looking at a Toyota RAV4 - until I discovered that if you wanted a sunroof you couldn't have a spare wheel!! (Presumably CO2/weight related?)

Chris

• Like 1

Like CJJE, I considered a RAV4 hybrid. Drove nicely enough, but then discovered that even though the driver's seat (on the top trim level) was fully electrically-adjustable, the passenger really was a very poor relation: no height adjustment, no lumbar adjustment, just backrest angle via a simple lever. No option to spec a nice passenger seat (why? They make a LH all-electric seat for the LHD market) so had to rule it out. Generally, Japanese and S Korean cars, you choose a trim level and that's it, extremely limited flexibility, so kudos to the likes of Skoda, Volvo for allowing user-chooser.

Speaking of passenger seats:

Kodiaq_pass_seat.JPG.b28c3b24121b74926cf893bef16eb1f7.JPG

So when they say front passenger seat manually height-adjustable on the SportLine then...  well that reads to me like the passenger seat is powered fore/aft and the back rest forward/backward.

Otherwise why the need to mention the passenger seat at all? If it's a manual seat then why just mention height adjustable?   Why do they need to complicate everything? :wall:

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I was considering putting in a factory order for a new MY21 vRS and have just been told by a dealer that as of today that have received an instruction not to take any orders for the vRS or the 190BHP TDI.  I assume the latter is the change over for the 190BHP to 200BHP TDI but what does this mean for the vRS - the new 180kW Petrol?  Three dealers I have contacted don’t seen to know right now.