Sound Disabled?

MJ1

So I have just got back from my weekly shop to Aldi and on the way there Radio all hunky dory but when I get in the car to come home after my first face Mask shop the radio won't play! It has a red line through the volume control.

I pull over on way home and spend five minutes looking at options to see if I have disabled it, but no joy.

I get home and have a google and find the 10 second press button down to reboot so I pop out to try it and radio and sound all good again!!! The gremlins are a tad annoying with this car...

Anyway another item to watch before warranty runs out next year...

Anyone else have the problem? I will try the 10 second hold start button (volume control) to re-set to see if that can cure it when (if) it happens again.... I even trawled the manual but that is like trawling treacle not particularly quick or useful.

I found that button in my 5 minute stop and it showed a different icon showing sound disabled, switching it on and off did not solve the issue.

The volume symbol had a red line through it on left of display. The mute shows a symbol top middle of the display.

I should have videotaped the problem, will do next time...

Someone over on the Superb forum had the same problem - turned out to be connected to the loss of the DAB signal - swapping to another station or FM fixed it......