Superb Sportline Estate help and advice needed

Hi Folks

I am picking up a 2018 sportline today from an official Skoda dealer  and I am leaving a long line of BMW's to join the Skoda club. My knowledge of Skoda would not be as good as BMW. I am looking for advice on a few things -

Is the entertainment package to be paid annually?

Any tips regarding styling/lighting that I should look into---- Standard 190 bhp sportline estate at present

I need a tow-bar (Whats the best one)  for my bike carrier (thule) and I am thinking of buying the black aero wing roof bars by Thule also for my roof box. 

Is there any other subtle things I should look about doing? I have ordered a rubber boot-liner and rubber mats also.

Thanks in advance,

2 hours ago, superbeire said:

Is the entertainment package to be paid annually?

Any tips regarding styling/lighting that I should look into---- Standard 190 bhp sportline estate at present

No need to pay any fees - you can either use the built-in sat nav or plug in your phone for Android Auto / Apple CarPlay.

A boot lip protector (I have the Skoda official one, others are available) and the super-power LED boot lights from SuperSkoda are two things I have been glad I added to my Combi. The boot lights being in the tailgate means that bright lighting here is very effective at illuminating the contents of the boot.

I also got the LED front door lights from SuperSkoda which I really like, so much brighter than the stock ones. 

Another thing I like is the 'tunnel mat' for the transmission tunnel between the back seats, its a nice little bit of extra protection and dirt cheap, again from SuperSkoda. I have 2 kids and a springer spaniel so mud protection is important to me.

I have the OE towbar that drops down out of the bumper but that is big money to retro-fit. If you are super lucky your car might have one already, its not very obvious externally unless you look under the bumper. There is a pull up flap as part of the boot lip inside the car.

If you don't have OE bar, check and see if your car had 'towbar prep' as part of its spec as that makes it easier to fit one. People on here seem to rate Westfalia aftermarket bars but I don't have any direct experience of them. Whatever bar you choose, get a fitter that can code the electrics to your car properly.

thanks everyone for replies... is there any other bits do you think i should consider doing. What about the superskoda black logos? are they a good fit or are they poor quality? also boot lid ...has anyone tried the black cover rather than chrome. My car is business grey and I think black would look better.

I was going to recommend the black badges with colour-coded backing. I’ve fitted one on my Sportline hatch and it is what should have been fitted from the factory. It makes sense with the blacked out grille etc. 

They’re great quality too. I’m considering changing the badges on the back too. 

44 minutes ago, bigman1976 said:

I was going to recommend the black badges with colour-coded backing. I’ve fitted one on my Sportline hatch and it is what should have been fitted from the factory. It makes sense with the blacked out grille etc. 

They’re great quality too. I’m considering changing the badges on the back too. 

Are they the superskoda ones or similar? What are the best? Is plastidipped successful?

Also the Skoda and Swperb badges has anyone got these and are they good quality---i will change to black also.

I’ve got the front badge which is Superskoda. 

I believe that the issue with the Skoda and Superb badges are that they’re slightly different sizes. I’m considering just using the Superb badge and losing the Skoda element.  I believe @drewellis has them fitted in his Superb. There’s a thread with an image on from not too long ago. 

Afraid I don’t have any experience with Plastidip. 

12 minutes ago, bigman1976 said:

I’ve got the front badge which is Superskoda. 

I believe that the issue with the Skoda and Superb badges are that they’re slightly different sizes. I’m considering just using the Superb badge and losing the Skoda element.  I believe @drewellis has them fitted in his Superb. There’s a thread with an image on from not too long ago. 

Afraid I don’t have any experience with Plastidip. 

Is there a rear black badge available. I can only see front one on superskoda. Removing the skosa badge do you think there will be  a marking? filler required??

Thanks for the replies lads, Maybe a stupid question but is the front and rear emblems the exact same size and fitting. If so I will just buy 2 front emblems from Superskoda?

UPDATE ON REAR LOGO - RECIEVED EMAIL FROM SUPERSKODA -

we are actually sold out of the rear black emblems for Superb III, will
be delivered from supplier middle August first.

I was told by Superskoda that the Front and rear emblems have different curve angles so sticking a front badge on the rear will not look right / might even fall off.

Their black rear Skoda badge is slightly different size to their Superb badge but this doesn’t bother me, I fitted them anyway. Also their tinted rear reflectors look cool 👍

FC4D1005-36AB-454B-AB9E-FD655AEAD9E0.jpeg

Rear reflectors/spoiler/diffuser/exhaust tips might be all coming off for the car to be sold soon, unless someone buys the whole car lol pm me if interested

Edited by drewellis
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, superbeire said:

UPDATE ON REAR LOGO - RECIEVED EMAIL FROM SUPERSKODA -

we are actually sold out of the rear black emblems for Superb III, will
be delivered from supplier middle August first.

I'd be cautious with that. I ordered them in May and was told end of June. They then stopped communicating and I raised a paypal dispute.