Superb telling me to check every light bulb

Hi, I just drove down to my local Tesco just fine, but on the way back, on starting the car, the display in the dashboard told be to check EVERY light bulb on the car. This took a while for it to cycle through. As far as I can tell, the front main and dipped beams are working, the indicators on the corners light up orange but don't flash (the mirrors do flash and the green arrows on the dash flash quicker than normal). I can't tell if brake lights and reversing lights work as I'm here on my own.

This happened once before ages ago, but went away after I stopped and restarted the car. Now it seems to be persistent.

Any ideas?

Thanks - from the looks of all your modifications it looks like you know what you're talking about. However I can't find one single fuse that is associated with lights - it appears to be split left/right and then indicators separate again. I would have thought the problem would be traced to one single point, rather than several fuses going bad at once.

Regardless - I have left the car alone for over half an hour now and when I started it up two minutes ago the problem has now gone away again.

I will keep an eye on it. I'm hopefully replacing it with a new Octavia soon so I really don't want to spend any money on it.

2 hours ago, DaveBee said:

Thanks - from the looks of all your modifications it looks like you know what you're talking about. However I can't find one single fuse that is associated with lights - it appears to be split left/right and then indicators separate again. I would have thought the problem would be traced to one single point, rather than several fuses going bad at once.

Regardless - I have left the car alone for over half an hour now and when I started it up two minutes ago the problem has now gone away again.

I will keep an eye on it. I'm hopefully replacing it with a new Octavia soon so I really don't want to spend any money on it.

There are three separate fuse panels in the Superb, the one at the end of the dashboard, and two beside the battery in the engine compartment. I think @langers2k is suggesting you take a look in the two panels beside the battery. I'm not 100 % sure which fuses do what in there but it looks like SB16 and SB26 would be worth a look as both are involved in powering the BCM, which is what controls all the exterior lighting on the vehicle.