Phone disconnecting after a minute via bluetooth

Hello! Ok so picked up the Superb 2 weeks ago - 66 plate.

I connected my phone (iPhone 11 lasted iOS)  via Bluetooth and was made up to see my family pics for my contacts. Pretty neat I thought! Pressed mums number and dialed her to check it worked. It did, pressed cancel. However it didn’t cancel but I thought it was my error so forgot about it. 

Tried again - same - the screen freezes as thou it’s calling but it’s not. 
Made an actual call home it cuts off after a minute or so and the quality is dreadful on the other end! 
Deleted phone and used car play stays connect and I quite like it but for work it’s no good as I’m in and out the car all the time so can’t be plugging and unplugging the lightening cable all the time. 

Tried another phone again an iPhone 11 - same thing cuts off after a minute in to the call. And it seems Bluetooth then crashes on the car completely then and tries to reconnect but it fails. 

I have a week left to take it back to the garage to fix it under the 30 day return warranty I have 

Anyone know the latest firm ware for the cars head unit I think it’s a MIB2. I’ve updated the maps already 

Any help much appreciated - I need to get it sorted quick before the 30 days elapses 

thanks

Catberine 

D5E8C51D-87D6-4EB2-B123-3CCA62157EAD.jpeg

78B1CE33-8BA6-4685-80CE-5ED63BCECD33.jpeg

FBB8B716-D0CD-4374-B139-3B9797F55408.jpeg

I have a pretty much the same issue with a new Iphone SE.  Bluetooth disconnections and the touch screen not responding. That's why you can't end the call. Did you try calling a number that needs an input, like 'press 1 for blah'? If you have the same issues as me, that won't work either. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks ever so much for replying!!! I have been googling since posting this it’s a flipping Apple issue!!!!! I’m livid both my phones are iPhone 11’s so that’s me screwed for work!! 

what I did find was don’t sync anything and calls coming in worked but going out sounds awful and disconnects after a minute. But you’ve no idea who it is as the number is shown not the name!! 

such a pain but at least I won’t now send my car in to be faffed with for nothing! 

56 minutes ago, El Dingo said:

I have a pretty much the same issue with a new Iphone SE.  Bluetooth disconnections and the touch screen not responding. That's why you can't end the call. Did you try calling a number that needs an input, like 'press 1 for blah'? If you have the same issues as me, that won't work either. 

What you gonna do get ŠKODA look at it for you? Pretty sure it’s an apple issue now after reading about it. 
I don’t seem to be able to link to the apple discussion I found. Someone said turn off 4G VOLTE - mobile data then it’s under there. Will try that tomorrow 

1 hour ago, El Dingo said:

have you got an Apple Watch? I have someone is saying turn off your watch and try that! 

Just now, El Dingo said:

I'm not sure it's an Apple issue, as the phone works in our Karoq so far.

oh! I just picked up an Octavia today as well so will try it in there tomorrow - different unit though not sure which one it’s got sat nav and all that but looks different to my superb. 
I’ll let you know if it works in there. 66 plate again. (Built 12/2016)

Please see my reply

Oh no!!!!! What a joke I’ve got two flipping iPhone 11’s! 

So tonight I sat in the Octavia and tried the iPhone 11 Pro of my other half’s - worked fine!!!!! What’s that about then???? Same version of IOS as well. 
Now I need to try my iPhone 11 in there as well and see if it cuts off at all. This is madness - if it does then it’s deffo the iPhone 11

if it doesn’t then something’s going weird in my Superb

oh I did notice in the Octavia when I plugged in the cable this came up on the screen! What’s that about??? Shall be ringing the dealer tomorrow

A0A95519-E845-4872-ACAB-7A93F1E8212E.jpeg

Ha ha ha sorry I was avoiding the dash cam wire lol it’s hanging down I didn’t get chance to hardwire it yet only got the car 2 days ago and the second day was the massive storm lol 

9 hours ago, short1uk said:

oh I did notice in the Octavia when I plugged in the cable this came up on the screen! What’s that about??? Shall be ringing the dealer tomorrow

Android Auto and Apple CarPlay was a chargeable option with the early cars!

On 12/08/2020 at 21:16, El Dingo said:

ok so some progress tonight which I suggest you try and let me know how you got on. 

delete phone from the car

unpair on the phone 

reboot phone 

reconnect to car

dont sync all contacts I just did favourites 

open a music app I used amazon music and pressed play this played via Bluetooth fine crystal clear. 
made a call.... worked 

answered a call ..... worked 

could end calls make calls and once done it returned to my music that was playing 

this is the ONLY way I’ve found to get the phone facilities to work other than using car play and the cable. 

iPhone 11 Pro Max, no issues with Bluetooth running iOS13 or iO14 beta. Amundsen system Bluetooth version C200, car MY18 and Apple Watch in use.

Womdering of the Bluetooth profile used is a variable?

4 minutes ago, MaddicIrl said:

iPhone 11 Pro Max, no issues with Bluetooth running iOS13 or iO14 beta. Amundsen system Bluetooth version C200, car MY18 and Apple Watch in use.

Womdering of the Bluetooth profile used is a variable?

my wife’s iPhone 11 Pro In the Octavia same headunit as you worked fine last night it’s so odd 

Need try hers in the superb.... 100% something to do with the Bluetooth profile. Purposely left my watch in the house too tonight but it made no odds