14 plate Superb Haldex pump issue

Hello, the garage should run a diagnostics check to see if the pump is good or bad. Mine was dead, so needed changing over.

The schedule for this does NT include the filter, most garages are not aware of this important change, so yours is doing it right.

The oil used is very expensive and must be the right spec and fresh.

After that, all will be good as mine has proven to be. I think the formal service interval is 20K or 40K, best check, but that should be filter and oil only.

Cheers, my Haldex 4 is now on 115k oil last changed around 30k ago, so well overdue. It’s great having forums like this because you would have idea, I just get mine serviced every year thinking all well.

is the pump an easy fit, hour labour? for an experienced mechanic

Pump and filter/oil change will be about 2 hours, though I think the task is one hour.

The loom passes over the rear diff unit to the controller on the opposite side of the diff and is fiddly to do, but all DIY so easier in a garage/ramp facility.

Filter change is very simple, 2 screws and catch the oil that comes out.

• Like 1

To update, had mine sorted in Leeds at JCR Ltd as I do not have access to ramps. The did a spot on job, pump was still okay according to diagnostic machine, even though the guy suggested it had not been off in its 11 years and115k, very happy with the service and was okay me watching what was going on. To my embarrassment the oil looked like Guinness once drained so was glad it’s now sorted and good for another 20k, thanks all for the replies