Discounts on new factory orders?

docc

Looking to place an order for a Kodiaq, factory order.

Skoda are offering £4250 towards the cost on a PCP contract, but I'm looking to pay cash.  Don't want to lease - it's a long-term purchase.

I gather you can end the PCP within 14 days cost-free.  Is this correct still?  And isn't there a risk that Skoda will claw back their £4250 if you do that?

Or are there other ways to get a decent Skoda contribution over and above any dealer discount?

from looking myself, everything offered seems to only be on PCP deals, which means they claw back any 'discount' offered in the interest paid

anything cash the prices were thousands higher

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BRUN said:

from looking myself, everything offered seems to only be on PCP deals, which means they claw back any 'discount' offered in the interest paid

anything cash the prices were thousands higher

Have you considered the possibility of taking the PCP, but cancelling within the 14 day cooling off period?

I got a quote for a factory order from CarWow for a cash purchase, and my dealer matched it. Equivalent discount to the PCP deals, and a decent P/X price too. 

• Like 1

Take PCP to get that deal and settle within 10 or 14 days - actually tell them you will settle - you still have a further 30 days I thing after that to pay..

Also push the dealer for discount - you can probably get between 5 to 10% off - in addition to the PCP deposit allowance.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nimby said:

I thought the current deal was that Skoda make the first three monthly PCP payments, so you'd lose that if you paid in full after 14 days.

The deal's only £3500 for factory orders, but it's structured so that the £3500 is added to the deposit paid by the purchaser, thus reducing the total purchase price by £3,500.  Withdrawing from the PCP within the first 14 days (a legal entitlement) seems to make no difference.  The price is fixed at the time the PCP is taken out.

That's my interpretation anyway - others may have a different view.

https://www.skoda.co.uk/car-finance/new-car-deals

"To lend a hand, we’ll cover your first 3 months payments and we'll pay your deposit contribution between £2,250 - £4,250". (My bold)

When I was considering new that's how the salesman explained it, but I went for an ex-demonstrator which didn't qualify so paid cash, and didn't go into the PCP deal in detail.

• 1 month later...

try Forces car sales. i bought my factory ordered Kodiaq Edition in Sept 17 and together with excellent trade in i also achieved a 12.5 % Discount off the complete Kodiaq. Service from them was excellent throughout. See if you qualify .