climate

I've only had my Octy 2ltr dti for about a month now after a very long affair with VW's. It's the first car I've had with climate control.

The problem I think I'm having is that when it's set to auto and around 20c, every thing is fine until the sun hits the windscreen. If the sun shines on the drivers side then the drivers air vent will blow very hot and likewise as the sun/car moves to the passenger side the same thing happens over there. I'm not talking a little bit hot but very hot.

This seem to be an intermittant fault (although more frequent recently) and only when the sun is out.

I've had it back to the dealers but of course it was cloudy that day and they say there is no fault.

My question is: Have any of you heard about a fault like this or am I a one of. I would like to return to the dealers with some ammo if I can.

Thanks. Petethepet

Maybe the problem is related to the direct sunshine sensor located on the middle part of the top of dashboard, separating the left and right side part of the black "grille".

A hair dryer - applied not too close to the sensor avoiding heat damage of dashboard - might be a good test tool? It's just an idea, never tried it, especially having not of that sensor in one-zone, semi-automatic climate system.

Maybe the problem is related to the direct sunshine sensor located on the middle part of the top of dashboard' date=' separating the left and right side part of the black "grille".

A hair dryer - applied not too close to the sensor avoiding heat damage of dashboard - might be a good test tool? It's just an idea, never tried it, especially having not of that sensor in one-zone, semi-automatic climate system.[/quote']

I've thought of this (not used the hair dryer) and covered up this sensor when it starts misbehaving, this makes no difference. Got me thinking though about where all the senors are. There is the one you mentioned on the dash and one possibly in the centre roundel (fan switch) but I think there must be more for the two sides of the interior to operate indepenantly of each other.

Any theories?

Mine blows cold air to the footwells when the sun is out. I would have expected it to blow this from the face level vents and the grille on the dash.

The climate control on thje Mk 2 semms far more sensitive to changes in outside conditions than that on the Mk 1.

I have been assured that mine is behaving as it should.

Mine blows cold air to the footwells when the sun is out. I would have expected it to blow this from the face level vents and the grille on the dash.

The climate control on thje Mk 2 semms far more sensitive to changes in outside conditions than that on the Mk 1.

I have been assured that mine is behaving as it should.

The manual says when the sun shines on the windscreen, cold air will be blown out of the face vents. Certainly not whats happening with mine

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd post an update for you guys.

Fed up with getting no response from the dealer who I bought the car from, I changed dealers to one a bit further away from me but who seemed interested in the problem.

The car went in for 3 days and they changed everything they could (sensors, air conditioning controller, etc.) still no joy. We both agreed to step back and gather as much info as we could from various sources (they were impressed when I mentioned Briskoda). Any way the upshot is, Skoda HAVE heard of this problem and it seems it only affected a Handful of 1st generation Octy II's. The problem seems to be the wiring on the controller was backward, i.e. passenger side gets a bit hot and it tries to compensate by cooling down but cools the drivers side and visa versa, all the time getting itself in a right mess.

The problem is now cured but must have been there since the car was new (I'm the 3'rd owner) It certainly drove me mad especially during the hot weather.

Anyway, I can't praise my new dealer enough unlike the old one who's attitude was "computer says no"

Any way for the first time since I've had the car, I'm extremely happy with it