Front brake upgrade - 2016 1.4TSI DSG

I would like to upgrade the front brakes on the 2016 Octavia 1.4T DSG. I believe the stock brakes have 276mm rotors. I would like to install the brakes from the VW GTI or Golf R but I read this is not possible on models with the 276mm rotors? To make this upgrade work, what would I have to change? The hub carrier or steering knuckle?

As @nidza said. Why?

Upgrade the pads (and maybe discs) with stickier versions. The bigger setup on a car with lower weight is not needed and may even make the car handle worse due to the extra rotating mass. If you are aiming to track the car maybe a race tuning garage/forum would be a better place to ask?

I did this to my 2016 Yeti 150 TDI SE L, recently.  In my case, I purchased a set of used Mk5 / 6 Golf GTI calipers and caliper carriers from a breaker.  I gave the calipers to a friend and had the carriers blasted and powder coated. 

My original calipers fit straight onto them and I fitted 312 mm, dimpled and grooved EBC discs with their Greenstuff pads.

HTH.  

2 hours ago, sdklein said:

Everyone has their reasons... Mine is that I am likely installing a hybrid turbo and having a custom tune. It was a 'how' rather than 'why' question.

That's a good enough reason 👍

Be interesting to see how it turns out. You thinking of doing anything to the rear suspension? Chassis wise that is probably the weakest point. If you manage to get the big brakes on the car should stop v well with the lower weight.

I’ve got my original 312mm calipers off my superb sportline. I upgraded to the 340mm because it’s heavy and 540nm of torque after a map. With the 312 I reckon it was underbraked for the size and weight and the fact it’s 4x4. As mark said above, The 340mm on yours maybe to big and heavy but everyone has their reasons and the power upgrade is certainly a good one.. but yes the 312 would look good and work well. Pop me a pm mate 

any octavia/superb/yeti/kodiaq/golf/Passat will fit. You may need back plates to suit though too

ive used Zimmerman sport coated drilled drilled discs and brembo xtra pads for the 340mm set up and they’ve had a hard time and still worn well. 
aso if you go for the 312mm set up brembo do an XTRA LINE disc which is drilled 

B7C7CF1E-979D-424E-80E9-D02F539EA8BF.jpeg

Edited by Esseesse200