Find me a Superb...

Sasha stick out for the dragon green. You've recently missed out on a fully optioned dragon green Sportline 272, I think it was £28K in Mansfield. I looked at it as I love the colour. However I am now totally spoilt by the comfort and options on my velvet red L&K, the Sportline only lacked ventilated seats. Having had a rallye green VRS, you'll get used to the marmite or more likely the 'I love it' comments. You'll also never have to search for it in a car park amongst all the black and grey cars.  My tip is to buy a very low mileage 6 month old ex-Skoda mgmt car just after the reg change, which is how I bought my first VRS and recently the Superb.  I saved £14K this time according to list price, yes before anybody chips in, I know nobody pays the full list price. Check the ads for cars with Milton Keynes area plates. 

• Like 1

I had a sprint yellow Octavia vRS. It's the only car that got washed to death and detailed regularly to try and keep it clean. Dragon Green is lovely but there is a big downside, unless you work for a car washing company or similar.

filthy.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Redboy said:

Sasha stick out for the dragon green. You've recently missed out on a fully optioned dragon green Sportline 272, I think it was £28K in Mansfield. I looked at it as I love the colour. However I am now totally spoilt by the comfort and options on my velvet red L&K, the Sportline only lacked ventilated seats. Having had a rallye green VRS, you'll get used to the marmite or more likely the 'I love it' comments. You'll also never have to search for it in a car park amongst all the black and grey cars.  My tip is to buy a very low mileage 6 month old ex-Skoda mgmt car just after the reg change, which is how I bought my first VRS and recently the Superb.  I saved £14K this time according to list price, yes before anybody chips in, I know nobody pays the full list price. Check the ads for cars with Milton Keynes area plates. 

I saw that one. Wasn’t in the position to buy then. I am on the lookout, just not finding one that is going to work for me yet.

15 hours ago, Paul007 said:

I had a sprint yellow Octavia vRS. It's the only car that got washed to death and detailed regularly to try and keep it clean. Dragon Green is lovely but there is a big downside, unless you work for a car washing company or similar.

filthy.jpg

I try and keep the cars clean, other than the Octy really as I get no pleasure out of cleaning the grey car as it looks the same haha. Thanks for the links but unfortunately each one of those cars I’ve seen and mentioned in the opening post. First diesel one there has no spec (and I’ve noticed it has the rear plate screwed right into the bootlid which is an instant no), the pre reg 1.5 is the base SportLine, not the Plus so no spec, the the 272 is £40k and too expensive, as is the other 1.5 for what it is, the 1.4 is my favourite if I had to buy now as it has the most kit for the money. I might be tempted to cave but we’ll see.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 19:26, SashaGrace said:

Thanks, I had seen that one but I’ve decided to keep the Octy for at least another year. Various reasons really, mostly because it’s so hard to get another car with the spec mine has for decent money. Mine has loads of options on it and it’ll fit us for a wee while longer so may as well keep it until I can get away with something totally different. I thought about it but I can’t justify more than about £350 per month on a car, I just don’t want to pay more than that personally and mine is paid for now so I’ve decided to enjoy at least another year of not having a car payment every month instead.

If you've got something that does what you need and isn't costing you anything beyond running and servicing costs then absolutely agree, keep it going and save toward something, as you say, totally different.

• Like 1