Day time running lights

Hi all could some one tell me or atleast what i need to do . 

My Day time running light or shal i say stripe , is not working due to mostiure and cuased by a   small stone crack inn the front headlight compartment. Now can i just replace the stripe , or do i need to get a complete new headlight ? 

Would like if you guys hvae some links from ebay , or anyother place i can buy this from 

Thanks in advance. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, tibiking said:

Hi all could some one tell me or atleast what i need to do . 

My Day time running light or shal i say stripe , is not working due to mostiure and cuased by a   small stone crack inn the front headlight compartment. Now can i just replace the stripe , or do i need to get a complete new headlight ? 

Would like if you guys hvae some links from ebay , or anyother place i can buy this from 

Thanks in advance. 

My first question is:

Do all other functions of the headlamp work? Or has the moisture stopped anything else functioning? I'd check this isn't causing you any other problems before just changing one thing. 

Second question:

Replacing just the stripe if this is the only thing not working would be your cheapest option. However, surely by not replacing the whole headlight you are risking the same thing happening again due to the stone crack still being present? 

I will see if I can find you some links. What is the exact model and year of your octavia? 

• Like 1

Hello thanks for the replay.  The crack is still there and all other lights are function propely in that headlight. not reciving any erorrs etc.  Its Just the stripe also once i turn on the ignition i get the check Day light running light error.  Its the right stripe thats malfuctioning.  Skoda in qustion is an octavia mk3 2013 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tibiking said:

Hello thanks for the replay.  The crack is still there and all other lights are function propely in that headlight. not reciving any erorrs etc.  Its Just the stripe also once i turn on the ignition i get the check Day light running light error.  Its the right stripe thats malfuctioning.  Skoda in qustion is an octavia mk3 2013 

Is this the sort of thing? 

https://www.ledperf.co.uk/pack-sidelights-led-xenon-white-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-with-bixenon-afs-p-4950.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7_Lph8nU6wIVybTtCh1uZA_AEAQYBCABEgLTrvD_BwE

My concern is that if you leave the crack you will just get moisture again. I think you will need to get the casing replaced if that is where the crack is. 

Screenshot_20200906_135312.jpg

• Like 1

It would probably best to change the whole unit, because once the moisture/water is in there you'll never get rid of it entirely and it could cause damage to the electrical system too.

Also by law of sod and averages, it'll short out and lose the headlight(s) at the most inconvenient time such as heavy rain, fog or night, which is not only dangerous, but probably illegal a likely to attract the unwanted attention of the police. 👮‍♂️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

It would probably best to change the whole unit, because once the moisture/water is in there you'll never get rid of it entirely and it could cause damage to the electrical system too.

Also by law of sod and averages, it'll short out and lose the headlight(s) at the most inconvenient time such as heavy rain, fog or night, which is not only dangerous, but probably illegal a likely to attract the unwanted attention of the police. 👮‍♂️

Exactly my thought, also by replacing the insides without fixing the source of the issue you surely just risk the issue happening again and again and again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GlitchGolder said:

Exactly my thought, also by replacing the insides without fixing the source of the issue you surely just risk the issue happening again and again and again. 

Yep. Replacement of the whole unit, whilst is going to be initially more expensive, it's more cost effective in the long term as you won't have a recurring fault. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tibiking said:

Thank you all for the replays , il def, hear your advice and go for a whole new unite .

Not a problem, dropping some thank you reactions would be appreciated ;)

Did you find a unit? If not I can try help with some links if you need them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tibiking said:

Sure Just New to the forum not sure how you do that. Again totaly newbie 😵😵🤗🤗

If you click the heart on people's posts it gives you different reactions, sort of like Facebook. 

Did you want any links or did you order one? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tibiking said:

Yea i ordered the stripe. But if you got the link for the whole unite.  Then sure.  My dealer wont give me the id i need. So i need to go via then to order parts.kinda find that abot crazy. 

If one dealer won't give you the information, then try another and if none of them will, then forward a formal letter of complaint to Skoda, citing the reason of complaint, that you wish to order a part, but they are being obstructive and will not help you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tibiking said:

Yea planning on that. The thing is here in my country there is a monoploy on car deler. Si basilcy its Just one big dealer in the hole country selling wv audio and Skoda. 

What country is that?