1.4 petrol Start stop system error with EPC & sometimes engine light

Jfhuk

Our 1.4 petrol Kodiaq started coming up with stop start errors and then the EPC light. Sometimes it’s accompanied by the engine light but more often it’s just EPC,

When it occurs there’s often a lot of vibration in the transmission which comes and goes.

Skoda are sending tech to look at it tomorrow.

Has Anyone else experience this? I’ve seen a software mod that mentioned this on the octavia forum, but is this relevant? As the car falls within the build dates mentioned.

Does anyone have an idea what’s the issue?

Luck didn’t last ‘stop start system error’  has returned, followed by the emission light and a  vibration via the transmission. Skoda roadside assistance returns tomorrow 😤

Skoda Assist came out “too many faults needs to go to dealer” Dealer I’m too busy don’t want it. Try Skoda customer services they say get it recovered by assist. Assist says no.

Ok Skoda thanks I’ll cancel my new Skoda Kodiaq order then and go elsewhere.

I’ve had about enough of this “not my problem mate” attitude.

Car is now with dealer, stalled twice on the way there. Hopefully get it fixed sometime next week. Just have to chase what’s happening about a loaner now. Love the way none of the bits of assist, customer support and dealers never talk to each other.

Edited by Jfhuk

Just been playing finger pointing wars with the dealer and Skoda Customer Care about who’s supposed to be arranging a ‘loaner’.

Customer Care read the riot act to the dealer who’s now supposed to be providing something. 

The saga continues...

Loan Superb Estate turned up from the dealer last night.

Dealer is having fun tracking the route cause down as the car is showing so many faults.

There’s miss-fires showing on cylinders one and two, air emission, engine management, stop start and battery faults also coming up.

Dealer has Skoda  support  helping him investigate further, after finding water in the oil after taking the engine out of the car and removing the head.

Gasket was fine, so there now looking at the block.

Their feeling is it might be a new engine!

Edited by Jfhuk

New engine on its way from Czech Republic. Hopefully here in ten days. Then two days to put everything back together and test it. Looks like early Oct  before it’s back on the road. 

Warranty and PCP contract runs out in November. Original engine is being shipped back to factory for analysis. Initial impressions are that it was a problem in casting of the head or block or both.

Got the car back this morning. Long list of work that I’m glad was covered under warranty. Both the block and head where warped, new engine fitted and a lot of test running conducted.

Edited by Jfhuk
  • Like 2

@Jfhuk

?

Are you keeping the car?

?

Have you paid some part of the cost so that the new engine is covered by a 2 years parts and labour warranty.

Or is the Manufacturers Warranty going to expire in November so the 'parts supplied under Warranty'  are not covered after the 3 year warranty.

Car is being replaced in November (when warranty expires) by another Kodiaq as its PCH runs out then. New car is ordered, so hopefully it behaves till then.

• Thanks 1