Waiting for Delivery Karoq Edition MY20, Few Questions!

MickMcKenna

Hi All,

Just recently purchased a Karoq Edition MY20 but with 70 registration (unregistered), currently waiting on it coming up to the dealer and getting my plate fitted (V5 is taking ages to return from DVLA, if anyone knows a rough turnaround from applying to remove a private plate online and getting the docs recently could they let me know?).

I know the entertainment system was updated to the new columbus in this model in the MY21 edition and added USB-C ports instead of USB-A. My question was is there any other difference between MY20 and MY21 that the dealer has likely not mentioned?

Also is the MY20 in the UK fitted with wireless phone charging and is it wireless apple carplay like on the website or is that also a feature for the MY21 Columbus system?

Thank you for any help! Looking forward to getting my new car after a lifetime of Vauxhall and Renault small cars!

24 minutes ago, MickMcKenna said:

Hi All,

Just recently purchased a Karoq Edition MY20 but with 70 registration (unregistered), currently waiting on it coming up to the dealer and getting my plate fitted (V5 is taking ages to return from DVLA, if anyone knows a rough turnaround from applying to remove a private plate online and getting the docs recently could they let me know?).

I know the entertainment system was updated to the new columbus in this model in the MY21 edition and added USB-C ports instead of USB-A. My question was is there any other difference between MY20 and MY21 that the dealer has likely not mentioned?

Also is the MY20 in the UK fitted with wireless phone charging and is it wireless apple carplay like on the website or is that also a feature for the MY21 Columbus system?

Thank you for any help! Looking forward to getting my new car after a lifetime of Vauxhall and Renault small cars!

Hi. Applied to remove a private plate during the main lockdown period probably around May if I remember correctly- took 10 weeks for them to turn it around! I ultimately sent in a formal complaint and it was only then I got a response. 

Edited by Mike643
The above was for a hard copy posted application as it would not allow me to do it online. I did another one on line a couple of days ago and it took just 2 days for the V5 to arrive.
  • Like 1

Jesus, thanks for the reply but not the answer I was hoping for!

How did you register the complaint do you mind if I ask? Just in case, hopefully things are picking up now as I think car sales have been low and most people are working now in the Glasgow based office at least!

I have done several online removal and additions of Private Plates on various family vehicles in the last few months and the new V5 has arrived very quickly, less than a week in some cases.

But I am still waiting on a road tax refund after 3 months, but my lad got one within a fortnight.

I have found it impossible to complain.  They don't (won't?) answer the phone and an email complaint produced a link to their FAQ's.

Robbers they are, robbers !!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phil245 said:

I have done several online removal and additions of Private Plates on various family vehicles in the last few months and the new V5 has arrived very quickly, less than a week in some cases.

But I am still waiting on a road tax refund after 3 months, but my lad got one within a fortnight.

I have found it impossible to complain.  They don't (won't?) answer the phone and an email complaint produced a link to their FAQ's.

Robbers they are, robbers !!

I found the same problem when trying to contact DVLA let alone complain- which is why I finally found and used the Resolver website as indicated above. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DSL said:

Looks like DVLA doesn’t want to know via resolver.

278DFA8D-3848-4EED-8DEA-5FAE44E189FA.thumb.png.ecde92d2a834a51ae38d4c64680eadca.png

Well well .... how on earth do you contact them now! As you say they don't respond and the 'contact us' tab on the website just takes you round in circles. Sorry I'm baffled now! 

• Like 1

You can’t, which is just the way they like it.  Just love the way we’re being told that the civil service is working really efficiently on reduced manning and shirking from home.  Even I could be efficient if I could avoid actually doing something the computer could easily spit out without intervention if a humanoid.

• Like 2

I applied on-line on the 16th of July to take my personal plate off my Golf (anticipating a delay and wanting to have the documents in time to register my new Karoq), and had its new number with a document to let me have the plates made up back online. The paper documents (the Retention Certificate for my personal plate, and new V5 for my Golf) arrived in the following week. 

As far as changes from MY20 to MY21, as well as the ones you have mentioned you should have a removable torch in the boot which seems to have been deleted for MY21. Also, if it has a heated windscreen it will be the type with thin wires embedded in it rather than the wire-free type, and it will have the old-style steering wheel, which was only heated as an optional extra.

Thanks CJ

hopefully get the docs through next week by the looks of it!

i couldn't add any features as the car was in the lot but the steering wheel and windscreen wouldn't bother me much anyway! Best exercise I get is scraping the window.

strange about the torch. Cant see a good reason to remove that and its a handy little feature. 

1 hour ago, MickMcKenna said:

Thanks CJ

hopefully get the docs through next week by the looks of it!

i couldn't add any features as the car was in the lot but the steering wheel and windscreen wouldn't bother me much anyway! Best exercise I get is scraping the window.

strange about the torch. Cant see a good reason to remove that and its a handy little feature. 

Hmm interesting I have a dispute about that torch in process. The first time I used it putting it back the bracket broke. I wonder if there is a design issue?

• Like 1

You should have a heated screen? Mine does although I am still not certain which features were extras as bought out of the showroom.

The wires are very fine and I only notice them occasionally when there is bright sun and you sometimes see the light rainbowing slightly as it comes through.

After about 11 years without a heated windscreen after many years with it in prior Ford card I had it in my last Yeti and now in new Karoq and it is a feature I consider essential now like the dsg gearbox.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

You should have a heated screen? Mine does although I am still not certain which features were extras as bought out of the showroom.

The wires are very fine and I only notice them occasionally when there is bright sun and you sometimes see the light rainbowing slightly as it comes through.

After about 11 years without a heated windscreen after many years with it in prior Ford card I had it in my last Yeti and now in new Karoq and it is a feature I consider essential now like the dsg gearbox.

Thats interesting to know, you might be right I havent seen the car yet. The problem is the spec on the website is for the MY21 which shows the heated windscreen and washer as an added extra for the Karoq but there is no easy way to see what it used to be now and the sales guys arent great with the smaller details like this (Though they have went on and on about how the 2.0 TDI im getting is no longer produced in that serious as if it's a huge benefit but honestly has me a little worried!)

Ill update this poost with the details once i actually get the car though for anyone looking back!

On 12/09/2020 at 16:08, kenfowler3966 said:

Done some further research and the heated windscreen and washers in my car are an extra cost option so you may not have that unless included in original order spec.

Thanks for confirming! Like I said not the biggest deal to me so not gonna be down on that one.

I also got my V5 through yesterday (2 full working days from completing the form online for anyone checking this later) but not Retention Cert V988 (Figured they would come together). Anyone had similiar, does the cert usually take much longer?

Last question on the infotainment, has anyone put a splitter in the USB port (To allow charging and data through it?) and has anyone tried one of the wireless carplay USB adaptors and can recommend one?

Thanks again all!