Kerbed alloys

Yeah,

I used Prestige Wheels based in Stockport. They sent out a mobile repairer.

The finish looked fine, they sanded down the damaged area and filled to look OK.

I suppose it depends on how deep the damage is.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Highline said:

So.  Since I picked up the car on Saturday I’ve kerbed two of the wheels.  I’m gutted

has anyone managed to get the 18” wheels refurbished?

cheers

Diamond Cut?

Realistically you're looking at a refurb wheels off & milled at around £100 - £120.

Some places will offer a repair - when I was looking around I could only find one place willing to do anything remedial on such wheels and even then they couldn't guarantee the finish etc.

Otherwise, consider getting all 4 wheels powder coated instead - for the cost of 2 refurbs you could almost certainly get all 4 powder coated and that also means cheaper remedial work for if/when you curb them again.

I've currently got two 19" Diamond Cut wheels with curb damage - excellent condition second hand wheels are few and far between, new wheels are silly money - so may well go the powder coat route. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jon TDI said:

Powder coating is best option if you’re not bothered about keeping the diamond cut finish.

Had mine recently powder coating in anthracite colour for £180 for all 4 wheels.

278C3355-4843-4A82-A3F4-841E3DBFEB18.jpeg

DF242254-C719-4FB1-8CDB-0509A64DE889.jpeg

They look the part.   I’ll probably give it a couple of months.  No doubt the wife will wreck them like my transporter wheels I had. Smashed to bits. ( wheels not wife).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Highline said:

How is this done?  My disco had this 

First make sure the option is enabled in the car settings. I forget exactly what it says but the option will be obvious. You also have to have set up a profile for the driver's seat adjustment, which I'm sure you've already done. (If not, adjust seat & mirrors how you want them then press the SET button on side of your seat followed by 1, 2 or 3. You'll hear a chime to indicate it's worked)

With that done, select reverse and then adjust the passenger mirror to wherever you want it to be for reversing. That's it! Next time you engage reverse it will automatically go to that position, then return to normal later. Note that you have to leave the mirror adjustment selector set to the passenger mirror for this feature to operate.

I’d invest in some Alloygators or tyres that offer some curb protection.

I’ve tended to fit tyres that have this protection and they have saved my alloys on a couple of occasions, the higher end brands/type tend to have this feature (Michelin, Goodyear etc).

Alloygators may divide opinion on looks but would temporarily hide any damage and would offer protection to the alloy.

7 hours ago, TrinityJay said:

First make sure the option is enabled in the car settings. I forget exactly what it says but the option will be obvious. You also have to have set up a profile for the driver's seat adjustment, which I'm sure you've already done. (If not, adjust seat & mirrors how you want them then press the SET button on side of your seat followed by 1, 2 or 3. You'll hear a chime to indicate it's worked)

With that done, select reverse and then adjust the passenger mirror to wherever you want it to be for reversing. That's it! Next time you engage reverse it will automatically go to that position, then return to normal later. Note that you have to leave the mirror adjustment selector set to the passenger mirror for this feature to operate.

Does the car need electric seats for this option.  I can’t see it anywhere in the settings ?