2017 Kodiaq front passenger isofix retrofit

PLindblom

Hi! I just signed up to post write this guide, as I couldn't find any info about it anywhere.

What you need is an isofix bracked, two screws and two nuts. I believe there is also a plastic cover for the bracket, but I couldn't find the part number for it.

LQtDwLF.jpg

Here's the backside of the front passenger seat. Start by removing the two small plastic clips on holding the plastic covers on either side of the seat. Do so by pushing the pins in the middle all the way through, then you can pull the clips out.

enE4qaE.jpg

gjrqtG1.jpg

Remove the adjustment knob on the right side of the seat by simply pulling it out.

fSpZ0mn.jpg

Pry out the covers to expose the holes where the isofix bracket is supposed to be fixed.

SA8NhVa.jpg

YqRRtCE.jpg

Fit the nuts to the lower round holes.

bwG6l8m.jpg

Here's one end of the isofix bracket. The round hole is where the screw is supposed to go and the pin goes in the rectangular hole in the seat.

DqtGShu.jpg

Bracked installed.

KjmErz1.jpg

244XECu.jpg

Reinstall the pins for the side covers along with the adjustment knob and you're all done. Easy peasy!

2mPgEw9.jpg

NPnIPTI.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@PLindblom thank you so much for this guide, it's exactly what I've been looking for! I wasn't able to find a used Kodiaq with front-seat isofix, so I bought the parts for this months ago, but hadn't figured out to install them yet - I thought I would have to remove the seat, strip back upholstery etc... This is much better! 

What kind of tool did you use to push the pins through? I had a quick go just now, but wasn't able to move them.

Thanks again! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/04/2021 at 07:58, Jingaloonies65 said:

Great idea.

Looks like you've got manual seats.

Do you know if this will fit electrically operated and heated seats?

What was the cost of the parts shown?

Cheers.

Yes, this works with electrically operated and heated seats. 

Costs of the parts are shown in my link above. This includes the fabric cover. 

Edited by Teir