P2015 Advice Requested

Hi, I've just had a new intake manifold sensor fitted to try and resolve a P2015 fault.  The mechanic suggested a new sensor pretty quickly as the most likely fix.  However, after being fitted the EML came back on after a few engine starts after being cleared by the garage.  The new sensor and fitting cost me shy of £180 so I'm eager to keep costs to a minimum.

Can anyone suggest the best next course of action please?  Would really appreciate any advice.  Thank you.

Thanks @bigjohn - I'm not sure what the outcome of that thread was; some people don't clear the fault even with a new manifold.  I guess the best option is to try the ECS Intake Manifold Lever Arm Fix Kit.  Can this be purchased in the UK, or do I have to ship it over and likely pay customs fees etc?  Thank you.

@BlackMesaUK I had a problem with the manifold that was throwing back a P2015 Signal Improbable error. I followed this thread, sourced the fix kit locally and fitted it without any major drama. It's been a year now and no problems, so worth trying for a small price. One thing I changed from watching the video was to ignore the way he refitted the spring (which is the only tricky part): I tried it his way and found it fiddly as feck. Then I tried refitting the lever first and just hooking on the spring last and that worked perfectly.

I paid €15 because I wanted to pick it up locally in a hurry, but at the time (from memory) I could have bought it on eBay for less than a tenner. I think it was even available on Amazon, but I might be wrong about that. I do remember that you could pay a wide range of prices though. Maybe there's a quality difference, but something tells me they are all exactly the same and being made in exactly the same factory. Anyways, best of luck with it.

• Like 1

@BlackMesaUK
I haven't got a clue as to the answers to your questions I'm afraid! Simplest thing would be to poke around under the bonnet and see what you have. Or someone with a knowledge of the petrol engine will probably be along at some stage to answer your question.

• Like 1

As far as I can make out from the parts catalogue, the components affected by P2015 on the petrol and diesel engines are very different. I'd suggest casting your net wider than just Skoda forums for a possible fix - the engine is probably shared with other VAG group brands. You can find the engine code on the timing chain cover, or on the build label (one copy inside the service book, another in the spare wheel well). Parts catalogue suggests it's CCZA, and a quick google points to it being used across Skoda, Audi, VW at least.

• Thanks 1