SE Technology First Edition??

Fishcann

As I'm due to take delivery of my new car next week I'm sorting out insurance and one thing I keep getting asked is it an SE Tech first edition? Anyone heard of this in the UK?

Certainly in the UK I've never come across this, only the SE or SE L have first editions so far, (as far as I'm aware), but on the drop down menus for many UK insurers, there it is, SE Tech first edition. I've asked the dealer for clarification as the insurers have said it has to be the correct one or insurance will be invalid. I'm sure it'll be on the paperwork when I get it. It's being registered tomorrow so I can't check via the reg even though I have it.

Paperwork confirms it as an SE Tech, dealer said they'd never heard of a first edition of the SE Tech so it must be a European option. Strange that UK insurers have it as an option unless it covers imports perhaps.

Interesting - I've just checked what I ordered and according to the PDF that you get out of the configurator it's just a SE Technology, no first edition, which is for a couple of the others (still listed on the website configurator at present).  Presumably there's a non-first edition option on the insurance?

Will be interested how you get on - my order (company car) got a bit held up so I'm not due to see it until early December.

1 hour ago, MCG1975 said:

Interesting - I've just checked what I ordered and according to the PDF that you get out of the configurator it's just a SE Technology, no first edition, which is for a couple of the others (still listed on the website configurator at present).  Presumably there's a non-first edition option on the insurance?

Will be interested how you get on - my order (company car) got a bit held up so I'm not due to see it until early December.

Yes there are options for both types of SE Tech, so no worries there.

I originally had an SE first edition on order from a lease company but then they had a few SE Tech versions available earlier and for less money strangely, and best of all there was one in race blue.

21 hours ago, Fishcann said:

I originally had an SE first edition on order from a lease company but then they had a few SE Tech versions available earlier and for less money strangely, and best of all there was one in race blue.

Nice - my company had some difficulty getting the finance package they needed, and we didn't get any information on what was already available so my original choice of Corrida Red remained.  Glad it did as it's replacing a Corrida Red Superb and we've also got a red Yeti and red Citigo at home....I may be slightly obsessed by red...!

15 minutes ago, MCG1975 said:

Nice - my company had some difficulty getting the finance package they needed, and we didn't get any information on what was already available so my original choice of Corrida Red remained.  Glad it did as it's replacing a Corrida Red Superb and we've also got a red Yeti and red Citigo at home....I may be slightly obsessed by red...!

:D  The reds are nice, having had a silver Superb then a black vehicle just now, I'm looking forward to something a bit more bold.

• Like 1