That’s not my cup holder...

What do you do when you:

1. Have a bottle that’s too big for your cup holder

What I do is use the cup holder for my cup and use the bottle holder in the door for my bottle. Works for me.

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

What do you do when you:

What I do is use the cup holder for my cup and use the bottle holder in the door for my bottle. Works for me.

Haha!  You may be right.  But I had cups which were too big for the holder too (keep cup)  So this will help too :)

Currently being loaned a Kodiaq while waiting for my Superb, single biggest annoyance with the Kodiaq is the tiny cup holders

None of my glass keep cups fit 😔

Nice mod!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Or just take it out/spin it around, and everything fits in there fine with even more room. Those cycling sized bottles fit in the front doors easily too of course.

Edited by snala

1 hour ago, whitevx said:

Of only they did one for the Koroq.

The Karoq has the same part so it will fit.

Also, if you look at the back of your car you'll probably find that it says Karoq and not Koroq.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

The Karoq has the same part so it will fit.

Also, if you look at the back of your car you'll probably find that it says Karoq and not Koroq.

I didn't know that re the cup holder part and my bad re the spelling error. Thanks mate.

57 minutes ago, whitevx said:

I didn't know that re the cup holder part and my bad re the spelling error. Thanks mate.

I wouldn't bother buy that though, you'd get the same effect by using sand paper...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2020 at 21:32, Iamholam said:

What do you do when you:

2. Family members who can help with a lockdown project 

3. A 3D printer

you PRINT!

5B708155-37CB-43B4-A0C4-1F02FC66B0A4.jpeg

8BDA392C-C63B-4427-ADD2-19E1856C4A10.jpeg

3FE2F037-113C-435A-8DA4-4D022C992060.jpeg

Hi Iamholom,

Did you end up selling any of your type on ebay or similar. I appreciate you had yours made via a 3d printer. Would you be willing to share the file so I could get one made myself ?

Thank you

I wish these were commercially available :-)

The original cup holder in the Karoq (of that design) - is a joke!

Just make that key holder a bit bigger so that it can take things other than the key and it would be my nirvana :-)

Edited by smipx
  • Like 1

Obviously at "chinese" type prices :biggrin:

I applaud the efforts of the 3D printing by Iamholom. Maybe some nice chinese "scouting" firm will find this.  Maybe pop it on AliExpress with a nice juicy price tag and then have 20 or 30 of us to ask a question about the price  - that might help them find it . Give it 5 months and it will be on a boat over here for the friendly ebay sellers for about £15 :giggle:   Well - maybe pre-pandemic it might have been.

Edited by smipx

There was one on sale on ebay - not sure if it was Iamholom or not but it was a touch expensive (for very valid reasons as I imagine bespoke 3D printing is both time consuming and expensive for small volumes by a hard working individual).

Edited by smipx

2 minutes ago, smipx said:

There was one on sale on ebay - not sure if it was Iamholom or not but it was a touch expensive (for very valid reasons as I imagine bespoke 3D printing is both time consuming and expensive for small volumes by a hard working individual).

2021-07-26 10_21_07-Window.png

Edited by smipx

• 4 months later...

Another problem with the cup holder is that it has three slots for coins. Except, too late, I discovered that only two are for coins and the other is for a ticket/credit card etc. so now there are coins rattling around the inside of it. Anyone know how to get them out? 

image.jpg