Skoda Fabia 2016 service plan

My skoda fabia is 3 years old with 18000 km mileage on it and I have following questions

1. When should you change the spark plugs?

2. I use castrol slx longlife iii 5w30 life. I still get a message after a year that it is time for oil change?

Thanks for any feedback on it in advance.

You will get the Oil Service due message every year because your car has the Service Indicator set to Fixed so every 15,000 km / 9,400 miles / 372 days.

If you wanted 24 months / 30,000 intervals you need to change the service indicator.

You can do that, but with low miles you might be best staying on Fixed / Annual oil changes.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

The Spark plug change interval used to be at every 2nd major service so 4 years / 60,000 km / 40,000 miles.

Now Skoda show it at 6 years for some cars.

Brake fluid change is due at 3 years and then each 2, at least have the H2o content checked at 3 years.

This is one version of servicing schedules / guidelines. It might well different different intervals by country, use etc.

Screenshot 2020-10-03 at 13.19.19.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot

8 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

You will get the Oil Service due message every year because your car has the Service Indicator set to Fixed so every 15,000 km / 9,400 miles / 372 days.

The Spark plug change used to be at every 2nd major service so 4 years / 60,000 km / 40,000 miles.

Now Skoda show it at 6 years for some cars.

Brake fluid change is due at 3 years and then each 2, at least have the H2o content checked at 3 years.

Thank you for the reply. I have only driven 6000 Km in a year since the last year's service and wondering if It is still a good idea to change the engine oil  on the prompted oil change time from the car. I have read that castrol slx longlife iii 5w30 life can last upto 18 months. Also, when shall I change air filter?

Edited by Hassan_skoda

You want to look at the Air Filter and see is it clean and dry and good until the next service or check.

The oil can last 24 months if to VW 504 00 / 507 00.

Just because it can is not a reason to do that if you want to keep a car a log time.

It is Long Life oil for variable / flexible servicing or Fixed servicing.

It depends how you use the car as in the link i edited in.

Oil not getting up to temp often enough if doing short runs from cold starts can end up with condensation in the engine.

Then there is the Servicing & Maintenance / Inspection of the car / tyres  / brakes etc. & the Pollen Filter change or vacuum out.

That can get damp / musty / smelly.  

Edited by e-Roottoot

Air filter is listed at every 60,000 miles.

You need to remove the air filter to do the spark plugs.

I did both at my 4th service at 37,500 miles.

Both old spark plugs and air filter were clean but I still changed them.

Thanks, AG Falco

• 4 weeks later...

Please can anyone tell me where I can find the service schedule (what's actually done on what service.) for my 2018 1.0 litre DSG (Gasoline particulate filter) Fabia. Can't find it in the provided or online manuals. All they say is to contact the dealer. I'm on fixed 10k mile servicing which is what I want, and am nearing the 2 years old/20k miles mark. The Skoda web site offers some information and national pricing, but doesn't seem to specify exactly what work is to be done. Oh for the days when a car had a separate service book with all this info in it!

It does if you look at the pages closer and open them.

Not much is done other than Oil & Filter Changes and look see and report.   Anything needing replaced like a Pollen Filter is paid for at the 2nd Service.  Or First Service if on Variable.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 21.37.43.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 21.38.08.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 21.37.24.png

C43633A2-798C-4A6E-8799-A772BDA2B9AB.jpeg.463ecc70333ff4529f23316b10d42671.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 11.56.45.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot

For my first service at 2 years old (my DIY oil & filter change, pollen filter change and air filter change don't count)  Skoda want £287 or something. For that they'll do an oil change and maybe get someone to give it a quick wash and vac. Much as I'd want the warrantee I'm starting to think I'll just DIY it again and take my chances. If it goes pop and isn't covered I'll just have to pay up. The money saved by not dealer serving my households last 5 cars under warrantee will probably more than cover it, if not I'll just have to put it down to experience. I just cannot bring myself to pay this much dosh for an oil change. I do have the funds to replace the car it's not like I'd be screwed. Am I tight? Yes, sometimes. But although I don't mind spending I like some value for money, and I just can't see main dealer serving fitting into that criteria. I've looked at Independent VW service and was quoted £200 plus vat, so very little diff and they wouldn't put it onto any electronic service records. 

I'll have to buy coil over removal tool at some point, not done a petrol car service with them fitted yet (that required a plug change). 

The Air Filter does not count at a service @ 2 years on a 2 year old car because they were on the Schedule @ 4 years / 40,000 miles, so the 2nd Major Service.

Now they are showing them as at 6 years / 60,000 miles, so at the 2nd Extended Scope Service.

@ the ripoff £45 for an Air Filter.  

Skoda UK are the ones that changed things this year from Minor / Interim & Major to the new set up.

In the UK the Schedule / Guidelines are still for changing a Pollen Filter @ 2 year interval, but it is chargeable over and above the Oil & Inspection Service & the Extended Scope.

£35.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that maybe someone has spilt oil down into there when adding engine oil, so I'd just dry off any spilt oil and check it again to see if  it appears again. Is there any traces of oil escaping from the dipstick holder top or the oil filler cap?