2020 2.0tsi real world economy?

Hi all,been a while since I posted,but with the possibility of a change looming,I thought it best to consult those in the know! Currently running a 2017 L&K TDi 150 dsg, doing around 9k a year,mostly motorway. Never had any dpf issues or lights etc. Looking into a new 2020/1 L&K ,been offered a sensible price on the 2.0TSi 190 dsg,and was wondering what sort of mpg I could realistically expect ,as I take brochure/website figures with a pinch of salt. I know everyone has their own driving style etc,but I do mainly motorway driving,sitting on cruise at 70ish😉. Just an ask to see what sort of mpg these are doing,as I'm used to around 50mpg average with mine. Thanks in advance guys😁

I got 42 (reported) on a run back from Cornwall with 3 bikes on the back. 70 was probably the max. 

44 was the number I got without bikes on another motorway run, but 70ish that time. I though it may be more but its all good coming from a petrol vrs. 

It also does surprisingly well on short runs, that said, its currently sat on the drive and I'm using the LEAF as its much cheeper to run 

I got well over 50mpg in my Octavia 190 tsi on a long run if you don't venture to far above 70mph. I would expect the Superb to do similar-ish.

I think the Superb 190tsi might be next on the cards for me, unless I can get a good deal on a 272.

Thanks for your replies. Mid 40’s seems pretty good tbh,I definitely think I could live with that. I’m definitely more of a cruiser,hence the L&K rather than the Sportline!:D. I’m going to see if I can get a drive in one to try it out. I’m sure I’ll like it anyway,as I love mine. TDi 190 is available for not much more tbh,so is still a possibility,however I do wonder where things will be going with diesels over the next few years,as they seem to be in the firing line at the moment. Will their values start to drop rapidly if they keep getting bad press,or will they start taxing diesel fuel more heavily? I guess only time will tell. Part of me feels that going back to petrol will ‘future proof’ myself to a degree,but who knows?

On the motorway, you're out of luck if its doing 2000rpm at 70mph. 7th gear is nice and high. On a recent motorway trip, where I was flexibly interpreting the speed limit, I still got over 40mpg. I love motorway driving in my L&K. The comfort/economy balance is great. 

On 07/10/2020 at 19:28, freeglide said:

Im getting an average of 26mpg :D Life is too short to worry about fuel economy. 

Couldn't agree more :rofl:

And I haven't even started driving the 280 4x4.

But went from low 20mph in the Legnum VR4 to mid 20's in the Legacy, I'll be happy with 26mpg, especially after I get a REVO Stage 1 completed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, freeglide said:

Well for the power mine is developing it’s worth every penny. “I pity the fuel” 🤣

That made me snort! I think you need to be a particular age though! 

3 hours ago, JBD1974 said:

That made me snort! I think you need to be a particular age though! 

You can get Tshirts and stickers here - https://ctrlandshift.com/collections/ctrl-shift?page=2

Joe Achilles channel - 

Must get one of these stickers to put on the offside rear: 

spacer.png

The 190 tsi uses the gen3b engine with budack cycle. 

If it works as designed, should be quite efficient at low loads, e.g. cruising on motorway at 60-70mph. Hit a 50 average speed area and it should be fantastico

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeteCantek said:

The 190 tsi uses the gen3b engine with budack cycle. 

If it works as designed, should be quite efficient at low loads, e.g. cruising on motorway at 60-70mph. Hit a 50 average speed area and it should be fantastico

Agree if I had one in my Superb on my commute would probably average close to the combined figure of 46mpg and on a long run might even hit as much as 56mpg which is excellent for a 2.0 litre petrol turbo engine.:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

My 190 tsi does 35 to 38mpg over a commute of 60% city driving and 40% motorway cruising.

On pure motorway cruising at 70 mph it does 45-48 mpg. 

Coming from a 2013 Golf GTI and 2019 VW Tiguan I am seriously impressed with the Superb's engine and transmission behaviour. 

The changes are smoother and the DSG is more intuitive in the Superb than the Tiguan.

Edited by DanPC