Ambition or Elegance?

hi there i recently bought  Skoda Octavia Ambition well as i thought, when I got the insurance documents back it said Elegance. Can anyone on here tell me is this a mistake on the insurance document or is it on the reputable Garage that told me it an Ambition? Its a 2017 1.6 TDI Thanks in advance..

44 minutes ago, balllyboy said:

No, Ambition.

Thats what they used to say about me!

• Haha 1

Must be different specs over in Ireland, certainly no models called Ambition in the UK but Elegance was the old name for what is now the SEL spec over here. If it was one of those cars it would have 17 inch alloys, alcantara seats, puddle lights etc. Interesting to see that the Ambition spec cars actually came with a spare wheel kit as standard, it's been a long time since any cars over here had this. It kind of sounds like an SE model reading what it includes as standard.

I think they used to go Active -> Ambition -> Elegance

My 2015 Elegance has the external chrome trim around the windows, which is standard on the Elegance (but could be an 300euro option on the lower specs) and has "fake" wood effect trim on the inside.

I think the interior trim is probably the biggest clue, if it's the wood effect then it's the elegance, most other things could be added as optional extras at a cost but not sure if you can spec up the interior trim.

Looking at the pic you have posted above you can see the trim on the door and around the gearstick is silver, this is wood effect on my Elegance.

If it's the facelift model you have then I think it's different though, they did away with the wood effect, but the trim panels should be a good indicator.

Edited by lway
Added caveat about facelift trim.

@lway@lway Thanks for the info. It doesn't have a silver trim around the exterior windows, but has silver trim on the inside door panel and around the gear stick. In the picture I posted above, it says Automatic Rain and light sensor, but I don't see that little rain sensor on the windscreen? It also has little down lights on the wing mirrors which light up the ground, not sure if that is standard. It has 3 USB ports one at the front and two at the back, it also has an Aux port in the front and a SD slot in the glove compartment (no CD player). 

1 hour ago, fofos said:

In the UK the Elegance spec has leather seats.

No, it didn't have leather, it was Alcantara sort of suede like finish with "leather" sides and pseudo leather on the back of the front seats. Maybe some had leather as an option but my 2013 model certainly didn't.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, balllyboy said:

@lway@lway Thanks for the info. It doesn't have a silver trim around the exterior windows, but has silver trim on the inside door panel and around the gear stick. In the picture I posted above, it says Automatic Rain and light sensor, but I don't see that little rain sensor on the windscreen? It also has little down lights on the wing mirrors which light up the ground, not sure if that is standard. It has 3 USB ports one at the front and two at the back, it also has an Aux port in the front and a SD slot in the glove compartment (no CD player). 

My best guess is it's an Ambition. My missus has a 2019 Soleil, which is an Ambition spec with extras thrown in, and it has the plain silver trim inside the doors and around gearstick. If I remember right from back when we went to the showroom the Elegance (or SEL) spec had a fancier trim which was mostly black with silver stripes running through it. But I can't find anything on the net to confirm this :).

You should have the rain sensor, if the wiper stalk has the picture of the drops on it and a toggle switch on top then it has the auto wipers. Missus car has the puddle lights in the mirrors and 3 USB ports too, same with the infotainment system she has a Bolero with an SD slot but no CD. Strange that you have an AUX port, I thought they did away with it on the facelift model, I have it on my 2015 model but newer models don't have it.

5 minutes ago, lway said:

My best guess is it's an Ambition. My missus has a 2019 Soleil, which is an Ambition spec with extras thrown in, and it has the plain silver trim inside the doors and around gearstick. If I remember right from back when we went to the showroom the Elegance (or SEL) spec had a fancier trim which was mostly black with silver stripes running through it. But I can't find anything on the net to confirm this :).

You should have the rain sensor, if the wiper stalk has the picture of the drops on it and a toggle switch on top then it has the auto wipers. Missus car has the puddle lights in the mirrors and 3 USB ports too, same with the infotainment system she has a Bolero with an SD slot but no CD. Strange that you have an AUX port, I thought they did away with it on the facelift model, I have it on my 2015 model but newer models don't have it. When reversing close to some bushes yesterday, the reversing camera was giving me the warning and as I knew the dushes weren't going to do any damage to the car, I edged my way closer to the bushes, when the car applied the brakes, I didn't know this was part of the set up. Anyway I'm waiting for the user manual to arrive in the post so hopefully I will know the true identity of the car. 

Yes, it has the drops on the wiper stalk. I was told it was a face-lift, but can't see that little sensor, I will have to wait for the weather to change. 

On 14/10/2020 at 17:59, balllyboy said:

hi there i recently bought  Skoda Octavia Ambition well as i thought, when I got the insurance documents back it said Elegance. Can anyone on here tell me is this a mistake on the insurance document or is it on the reputable Garage that told me it an Ambition? Its a 2017 1.6 TDI Thanks in advance..

If you post a picture of the seats it will be very obvious what trim level your car as they are different for style, ambition or elegance which follow the UK S, SE or SEL from 2017.:nod:

Active, Ambition, Elegance, L&K.

Changed in 2016 or so here to Active, Ambition, Style, L&K.

For us the wheels are the giveaway. SE stuff is just ... strange for me... 

- Bret

On 14/10/2020 at 23:27, daftbugga said:

Do you mean ambient ?...    No such thing as a Octavia ambition that I know of ..

On 14/10/2020 at 23:47, balllyboy said:

No, Ambition.

skoda2.jpg

skoda4.jpg

skoda5.jpg

skoda7.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looks like the same seats as my SE Tech model in the UK but the alloy wheels are different, more like those on the UK S model which I always thought looked nicer than the SE ones that I've got.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over here they are called Ambition > Style > Exclusive.

Ambition is the entry level normal wheels and small screen.

Style (Like mine) has slightly bigger wheels a bigger screen and tinted windows.

Exclusive all the above plus keyssy sunroof and different wheel design.