Tyre pressures

homai

Hi I bought a (2020) 70 kw 1.0 Fabia wagon here in Queensland Australia.

Our tyre pressures here are set in psi.

The dealer told me run 30psi front and 31 psi front.

I checked the pressures at a service station this morning and changed it from 37psi (rear) to 31psi and 33psi (front) to 30 psi.

My work commute includes 30 kms on a concrete motorway which has been gutted by heavy trucks so trying to reduce vibration at 110km/hr.

What tyre pressures do folks find works best on these Fabia,s. I would rather have ride comfort not too concerned about tyre life.

Thanks for your help. I hadnt noticed the fuel flap tyre pressure details.

The tyres had been set at 37r and 33 f by the dealer.

I have reset them at 32(r) and 31(f) and its riding better.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

When it's just me or me and mrs I use 30 all round which is most of the time. Have had car since new and tyre wear seems pretty even so far. 37 is far too hard, you will be skating if you are doing 70 on a motorway and it starts to rain hard and your dealer is mental IMO.

I am replying to this as a current Octavia owner, so my reply might not be totally relevant:

On a fwd car, with normal loads, I would tend to run one or two psi higher at the front than the real. For high rear loads, particularly for high loads combined with extended periods of high speeds, those pressures might creep up a bit, with 2 - 4 psi extra being the maximum. 

I don't know what it says on your filler cap/in the manual, but I'd start from there (unless it says something about winter tyres in the manual, when its likely to be bollo misstated nonsense, although, slightly fortunately, no on seems to take any notice of what it says).

31 fr and 30 rear sounds about right for 'normal' use, but YMMV. Those dealer set pressures are mad, unless you are frequently transporting small elephants, and then it won't ride well. whatever pressures you set.

• Like 1

Ha ha.

Actually we do get almost monsoonal rains here during summer. The concrete motorway between Brisbane and Gold Coast just becomes a haze. You cant see the lines or bugger all.

But hey I know about rain. I ,m a kiwi from the rain capital of the world -Auckland New Zealand.

• Like 1