New Kamiq

Jamesr021

I picked up my New Kamiq Yesterday from Skoda in Aylesbury. The Car is brilliant and by far its the best skoda I have had. But the New connectivity systems they are putting on the cars are giving me a headache. The car has Skoda connect but it won't load my Skoda profile and complete the Skoda connect activation, it feels like the data connection is not working. how do i fix it..? I have been on the skoda.cubictelecom.com which is listed in the manual and created an account on there, I have tried to use my mobile as a hotspot and connect the car to that and still nothing. I have tried to do a software update but nothing happens, and if i do a new user registration on the car i also get nothing but the same screen saying that the car is activating but i have had that screen for over 45 minutes and it should not take that long.     

kamiq.thumb.jpg.ab18ff15f087c6e9f594ede58a27f00e.jpgIMG_4574.thumb.JPG.7226bef832ad1a842000b0ee91220782.JPG

• Like 2

it drives very nicely and although a 1.5 its very good on fuel and the cylinder deactivation helps a lot. Its my first brand new car in nearly 10yrs and the buying experience has changed so much. you don't get anything for free, they even charged me for the fuel that was put in. everything is profit margins to the dealers. There is no fun in the buying anymore, I drove a 1.5DSG for a test drive and nearly bought it until I found that it had £3.5k worth of extras.   

I went in for a new car but they told me that cars ordered in October would be looking at a March/April 2021 delivery. which was too far and considering Brexit is approaching then things may get pushed back further or prices increased. The car I got was a new car which they had not yet registered so i got in there as first owner. its only got the spare wheel , front and car parking sensors and the other alloys as options.  

According to the dealer COVID did stop production for a bit, they told me that there was starting to be a shortage of Kamiq's coming through! don't know if i believe them, The dealer was advertising a blue 69 plate Kamiq on Auto trader which i went in for but they said it had been sold yet they are still advertising it 3 weeks later!  

16 hours ago, Jamesr021 said:

I picked up my New Kamiq Yesterday from Skoda in Aylesbury. The Car is brilliant and by far its the best skoda I have had. But the New connectivity systems they are putting on the cars are giving me a headache. The car has Skoda connect but it won't load my Skoda profile and complete the Skoda connect activation, it feels like the data connection is not working. how do i fix it..? I have been on the skoda.cubictelecom.com which is listed in the manual and created an account on there, I have tried to use my mobile as a hotspot and connect the car to that and still nothing. I have tried to do a software update but nothing happens, and if i do a new user registration on the car i also get nothing but the same screen saying that the car is activating but i have had that screen for over 45 minutes and it should not take that long.     

kamiq.thumb.jpg.ab18ff15f087c6e9f594ede58a27f00e.jpgIMG_4574.thumb.JPG.7226bef832ad1a842000b0ee91220782.JPG

Make sure you do everything online on a computer vin number skoda connect. Com  you  need both key's with you in  the car to activate if you have already don this start again. Press the info button centre pannel above will tell you if you are connected Internet Ecall is green light 

Edited by skoda1982

15 hours ago, Jamesr021 said:

I went in for a new car but they told me that cars ordered in October would be looking at a March/April 2021 delivery. which was too far and considering Brexit is approaching then things may get pushed back further or prices increased. The car I got was a new car which they had not yet registered so i got in there as first owner. its only got the spare wheel , front and car parking sensors and the other alloys as options.  

I bought the same car as yourself in September 1.5 SEL DSG race blue. My car had just been built and was awaiting shipping which suited me as It cut out the build time. I notice that yours has different alloys which look good.

As for the connectivity and virtual cockpit, I've not really got a clue and just Drive it. I'm waiting for my son to come over and have a look at the settings.

As discussed in another thread I had a scare when the front assist emergency braking kicked in despite the car in front of me being at least 40 yards away. I've since went into settings and set this feature at LATE ( there are three settings early,medium and late). Hopefully this remedies thie problem. Hope you enjoy the car.

Easiest thing is back to dealer and tell them to sort it out. My dealer did it with me when I picked up the car.

The whole system needs refinement in my view. It just needs sorting out a.s.a.p. It almost all works but could be much more intuitive.

48 minutes ago, fergiet said:

Easiest thing is back to dealer and tell them to sort it out. My dealer did it with me when I picked up the car.

The whole system needs refinement in my view. It just needs sorting out a.s.a.p. It almost all works but could be much more intuitive.

That may be so, but my dealer is over 20 miles away. I did mention it to them and they did suggest that i take it in. In any case the data connection which was turned off has now switched itself on, so i have been able to register the car and i'm also getting software updates coming through. The system is ok, but with out the data connection working you can't do much. The system does have its benefits esp if the car is ever stolen it would def assist in the recovery of it. 

• Like 1

On 25/10/2020 at 18:41, Jamesr021 said:

My dealer must be telling me porkies!

I got told mine will be here either the end of December or the first few weeks on January 2021! 

Order was placed on the 3rd of October.

15 hours ago, TheSavageKamiq said:

My dealer must be telling me porkies!

I got told mine will be here either the end of December or the first few weeks on January 2021! 

Order was placed on the 3rd of October.

Normally takes 10 /12 weeks but the factory has been shut and maybe again as CR have gone into full lockdown again 

On 30/10/2020 at 07:32, skoda1982 said:

Normally takes 10 /12 weeks but the factory has been shut and maybe again as CR have gone into full lockdown again 

Oh dear!

Probably the worst time to buy a new car this year - nevermind! 

On 31/10/2020 at 15:53, TheSavageKamiq said:

Oh dear!

Probably the worst time to buy a new car this year - nevermind! 

You could get one from stock if you don't want extras or some might have