radio cut out

Anyone had this one? On my Stream Radio, BBC Radio 2 or 4, every now and then the sound cuts out for about 5 to 10 seconds, sometimes happens every few minutes, sometimes hours apart. It never ever happens on South Coast Radio or Classic. Tried tuning the stations to different buttons but it still happens exactly the same. Any clues?

Yep

Mines done it from new

Ive complained to the dealer who says its normal and cant do anything about it.

Sounds complete rubbish to me so Ive e mailed Skoda Uk about it but still waiting for a reply

Has the headunit had the flash update? Tis a current recall on the Stream unit. I'd get your dealer to see if it has any outstanding work on the Skoda system.

Don't know - had it from new, end of June 2005? I'll ask them after the long weekend

Found the mode button! Or, more to the point, read up about what it does. So have played around with the settings.

I notice the manual mentions the term "drop out" - I assume this means a short loss of signal, which is what I'm getting, so I don't think it is actually a hardware fault, except maybe, a fault in the idea!

What I've done is re-set all the mode functions to as plain and simple as possible for now. Taken off "learn", put on "mono" etc. etc. and will see what it plays like from now on. If the blanks stop appearing, I'm going to switch on the fancy stuff one by one and see what produces the effect -

I like the way the book says "It can be annoying" !!! It should say "It can bl**dy drive you barmy!"

Mine does this on Radio 2 on my way to work at the same two places each morning, but have never thought about it much as both the Fabias I had and a Kenwood in the Golf did the same, though i agree it can be irritating if listening to those progs. I generally listen to Radio Wales on AM as the signal is better and i get uninterrupted coverage all the way to work, in quite a bad signal area.

Mine does this on Radio 2 on my way to work at the same two places each morning, but have never thought about it much as both the Fabias I had and a Kenwood in the Golf did the same, though i agree it can be irritating if listening to those progs. I generally listen to Radio Wales on AM as the signal is better and i get uninterrupted coverage all the way to work, in quite a bad signal area.

I don't think mine was due to poor reception caused, for example, by certain buildings. It happened too erratically and sometimes in one place, then not there again. I suspect it was the fancy settings found in "mode". So far it hasn't done it since I cancelled all that. So, as said before, if it stays okay I'll turn on one function at a time and see what causes it [if indeed the drop-out does come back.]

The mode changing bit seems to have worked - no drops outs since. Have now switched mono back to stereo, will wait and see how that goes. Got a feeling it is "learn" doing it.

Finally got an email back from Skoda UK on this referring me to the manual and the "learn" thing.

I had already tried this to no avail so will ask the dealer about the flash upgrade and see if that works.

Must say the Skoda Customer Service response is appalling.

I also queried the rubbish (on mine anyway) rain sensitive wipers and got the same reply referring me to the handbook.

Also asked about altering the lights for comtinental driving. Email said attachment showing how to do it. Guess what, no attachment.

All this took about two weeks.

Might try the upgrade [unless my month/year already has it of course] but so far it is all working okay. Got the 'mono' back to 'stereo', DX to 'local', and 'A/F' on. Only 'learn' is off. No drop outs, but have noticed what sounds like a sudden short "cough" come through the right door speaker, but only rarely now.