Thermostat leaking coolant FL230 VRS

I’m not sure about the later cars but from my experience the water pump on the 2.0tsi is unreliable. I had a mk6 golf gti with an earlier version on the 2.0 Tsi and had the water pump replaced twice in 10 months. On the second replacement apparently VW had revised the part again, you would have thought they could have gotten it right after 10 years. Midland vw had about 4 cars in that day also needing water pumps, it seems to still be a problem on later cars and a poor design 

Had the same problem on my petrol 2017 MY18 RS169 at 24,000 kms. Whilst dealer wouldn't confirm it is a common fault, they didn't deny it either. I'm just wondering how long the replacement will last. If it's the same as the first then it will be in it's sixth year and out of warranty :-(

On 01/11/2020 at 03:30, uno234 said:

Hi all

My Skoda dealership has advised the thermostat housing is leaking coolant.  

Does anyone know if this is a common issue or fault to replace on a 9,000 mile 2017 FL230 car?

Thanks in advance. 

Mine was done this year on a 2017 230. 28k I think mine was on. Common across all VAGs with the EA888