Keyless ignition issues

Hello everyone,

Glad to finally find such a huge community with so much information on Skoda cars.

I recently bought a skoda octavia 3 from 2017 2L DSG 4X4 184 HP which I'm very proud of.

The car came with the keyless system for doors and ignition and like the other car I have (Audi A4) I was under the impression that the engine start procedure would be the same. But it seems not or for sure I have a problem. Its like the ignition button won't listen to my actions and sometimes I have to press the start button several times for the engine to finally kick in. The same is happening when trying to shut the engine off.no matter how long or quickly I press the darn button, most of the times, nothing happens. 

I even did a short lip o the issue, maybe some of you guys had this problem previously and can guide me towards the resolution of it, what parts should I buy or what would be the best approach?

Looking forward to your ideas and many thanks in advance

Yes, most probably. Meanwhile, I contacted the Skoda dealer and they've told me that there was an issue at some point with these buttons and they were replaced under the warranty. They told me I have to bring the car and they will replace it with another button. I feel better now, knowing that this is not a single user issue, so to say.