vauxhall foot down

okeh

H

Yesterday i was blown out by an astra 2ltr turbo(standing start)

Was that down to my crappy driving

Or is that particular car faster than my little furbie

I wasnt going to remapp but its fast becmoing a major ''to do''

Then ill go vauhall hunting:D

You'd struggle against something like that ;) Considering the 1.8 turbo in the Octy would already pretty much drive away, the extra .2 + I'd imagine lower weight should make mince meat out of the Fabia :o

Another gotcha is that with a remap on the Fabia you'll have even more grief getting the power down to the road without excessive wheelspin in the first two/three gears :) (fun trying though :D ) - best one for me was a beemer - this was playing about, not racing :P - he kinda just drove off :rofl:

If it was a VXR, you haven't got a hope, 240 - 250 bhp IIRC.

And if it's anything like the old astra GSi, a chassis made out of wet toilet paper and old socks.

However you may very well overtake him when he has to stop for petrol, or for a pasty at greggs':D

the old shape (mk4) did a SRI turbo, and then bodykitted it up to be the GSI.

both are pretty handy tools, even more so the SRI thats quite a sleeper.. 200bhp standard.. so no chance in a furby

the old shape (mk4) did a SRI turbo' date=' and then bodykitted it up to be the GSI.

both are pretty handy tools, even more so the SRI thats quite a sleeper.. 200bhp standard.. so no chance in a furby[/quote']

Handy tools, if you like cracking nuts with sledgehammers:rofl:

the 2.0l turbo astra has got the same engine as the vxr. just slightly de-tuned.. i think 200 bhp. so the fabia really had no chance. i think in gear it would be pretty much even stevens as i know the 2.0l turbo vxl engine has quite a bit of torque. 193 ft lbs i believe which kicks in at 1900 rpm. any idea if it was the 170 bhp sri or 200 bhp sri?

on a plus note... hehe vxl all the way :thumbup:

-ho

c20let 2.0ltr turbo engine in vauxhall pumps out 197 bhp standard and a trip to courtney for a remap would see 230+ so the poor furby had no chance do beleive they will do approx 0-62 times of sub 7 secs quiet easy unsure as what though my old one was the 2.2 sri coupe and that was fast, however beat my mates 2ltr (non turbo ) sri veccy a week ago he could only just keep up and that is 150 bhp but big car.

I had an old 2.0 16v Astra (non-turbo) with 136 BHP, TBH even that was a little quicker from a standing start than my fabis vRS is, although once up into 2nd and 3rd and so on the Fabia is a lot quicker. Vauxhall tend to have relatively tall gearing so you can often crack 60 in second, but that's if the Bosch pantstronic engine management system doesn't pack in first, or the strangely hot running temp of the ECOTEC engine doesn't melt the car.

Remember the Fabia is really quite heavy too.