Battery vendor help please

Hi, i am about to fit a new battery ,i have gone for a Varta AGM as like for like apart from Ah and vender ..Current battery is Ah68 new is Ah70 currentbattery vendor is JCB and new one is VAO ..What i would like help with is is it the letter O or is it a zero,i ask because i have seen somewere that it may be a zero ..Can anyome help.Thanks

Does "vendor" really matter, Skoda were probably being lazy using JCB who are/were JCL's battery division, my wife's 2015 Polo has an Exide battery in it just a EFB, and the coding is for JCB and the serial number is xxxxxxxxx, same for my mate's 2018 T-Roc.

Was your original battery an AGM or just an EFB and does your battery management coding options include "chemistry" and if so are you going to change it to "fleece" when you fit this AGM battery?

Edit:- I'd that if it should be a zero and not an "O" that vendor change would get rejected - so no harm done and so try to use the "O" instead of zero.

Edited by rum4mo

Hi, battery is AGM stop start,i am changing the Ah from 068 to 070 rest is like for like ..While i have VCDS and having just paid £130 for the battery just wanted to make sure i did the correct thing..I know Bosch and Varta are basicaly the same vendor and most don't actualy come with a serial number so a change of digit in the original serial number will tell the ecu that a new battery is in place ..What happened to the days of just replacing a ageing battery 15 mins of a job..